cheryla
Victor II
Personal Text: YouTube: Dyslexic Genius Hurt

Do Edison B 80 feet Have lather on the bottom or felt

Post by cheryla »

I just need to know

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Re: Do Edison B 80 feet Have lather on the bottom or felt

Post by barnettrp21122 »

Hello! I checked the B 80s I have and none have either felt or leather.
If you're adding new pads I'd suggest the stick-on felt circles.
Bob
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

I would have also suggested the felt stick on item, however I have found that on some finishes they somehow leave discolored spots where the feet sit.. My William and Mary Console I put new lacquer finish on an the top is full of spots from the lamp and depression glass biscuit jar. I had similar issues with shellac. May be something I did but something also must react to how those felt feet are created?

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

larryh wrote:I would have also suggested the felt stick on item, however I have found that on some finishes they somehow leave discolored spots where the feet sit.. My William and Mary Console I put new lacquer finish on an the top is full of spots from the lamp and depression glass biscuit jar. I had similar issues with shellac. May be something I did but something also must react to how those felt feet are created?
Same here. I have a Gramophone on my walnut dining table, and the felt has either removed the finish wax, or maybe even the original varnish. Better than deep scratches though, imho (just my opinion).

In answer to the OP, many Gramophones, Graphophones and Phonographs had rubber feet attached to them. I don't know if the B80 was among them, though.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.