A fine MOCAPS Moment (Recording on a Brown Wax Cylinder)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Re: A fine MOCAPS Moment (Recording on a Brown Wax Cylinder)

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

gramophoneshane wrote:It would have been nice to hear the recording played back too, otherwise it's just 2 guys playing the banjo :|
Shane,

Here's the Edison's Attic program of June 14, 2005 featuring the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra making recordings on brown wax cylinder in the radio studio. The band made several recordings followed by immediate playback.

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/15373

Rocky

solophoneman
Victor II

Post by solophoneman »

The Cylinders Blanks were purchased from Shawn Borri, and Also Paul Morris from Great Britain, who also sells a very nice line of new 5" Concert Cylinder recordings, one of which I purchased for my Columbia Model AB Graphophone. Also any profits from the proceeds of the Banjo Festival Recording sessions went to a charity supported by the Banjo Association.

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Folks,

That was a very enjoyable week-end! I very much hope we do it again this year! I am proud to say that was my hand at the end of the video shutting off the phonograph! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) It was a treat to learn how it was done and help make those recordings.

I had a wonderful time and the music! WOW what can I say-banjos, banjos everywhere! :D Oh and at least one wicked trombone! :D

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!