Heart Attack = Can't Wind the Victrolas

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gemering
Victor IV

Re: Heart Attack = Can't Wind the Victrolas

Post by gemering »

Mike,

I hope you're back to full strength before you know it.
What year Ford T do you have?
Here's my 1924 Touring.
I love driving on the back country roads at 20-25 mph!

Gene
Attachments
model t 19 (3).jpg

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Don't over do it.

So, now one of these are more attractive than ever before... :oops:
jones-motrola-phonograph.jpg
jones-motrola-phonograph.jpg (33.93 KiB) Viewed 704 times
James.

MikeB
Victor II

Post by MikeB »

Gene -

Nice Model T. I actually don't have one. My Ford is considerably newer, and does not require cranking. Frank Sinatra music, yes. Cranking, no.
Attachments
63 Tbird.jpg

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

A Taunus? One uncle of mine who used to live in the Canary Islands, where these cars could be imported, had a Taunus 17m Super when I was a child in the sixties! Nice cars!
Inigo

MikeB
Victor II

Post by MikeB »

No - It's a 1963 Thunderbird. JFK owned one.

gemering
Victor IV

Post by gemering »

Mike,

Beautiful Square Bird!

All the best,

Gene

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

Wish you a complete and speedy recovery.

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

Bypass surgery is quite taxing on the body.. I had a quad like you about 16 years ago. I would say that for a while don't push the pressures on your arms to your chest. But after a few months it shouldn't be an issue to wind a phonograph. I used to heat with wood and chopped and spilt wood to heat and cook after the by pass and recovered for a while. I have kept up a regime of walking around a half hour a day for all that time now. I hate to say but watching my diet hasn't been the greatest lately.. Plus the heart cholesterol issues I also have to worry about carbs for my pre diabetes. So choosing foods that are healthy for both problems can ben pretty hard. I finally had to have three stents about 8 months ago now. But considering the time line that probably is pretty decent. What one needs to do is keep the LDL level down to around the 70 point. Mine has wandered around the 80s range so yesterday they told me to either take some expensive medication or stay on a diet that keeps from eating too much bad fats which unfortunately most meats and cheese contain along with other things. Its funny how they push a very expensive drug (since I can't tolerate statin drugs) when getting one to eat properly will do the same thing. Good luck and relax, after your healed it will be nothing to wind your phonographs. It was after the bypass's that I developed the True Tone diaphragms and posted thousands of videos on you tube, so my use of arms to wind phonographs has pretty much been tested with no problems. However do follow your doctors advice and consult with him. Not everyone is the same so best to be cautious for a while. .

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

[quote="gemering"]Mike,

I hope you're back to full strength before you know it.
What year Ford T do you have?
Here's my 1924 Touring.
I love driving on the back country roads at 20-25 mph!

Gene[/quote

Very cool. My grandfather on my mothers side used to drive maybe the model A? I think it had regular windows but it was a long time ago and I don't remember a whole lot about it other than seeing him out front cranking the motor to start it. I must have been around 4 or 5 when he drove that, not many others were seen even in those days.