Anyone here just have bad luck getting a certain machine?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Re: Anyone here just have bad luck getting a certain machine

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Django wrote:Can’t let it go. The dash pots are pneumatic. Congratulations on the new machine. Is it all that you hoped for?
Sorry about that... did an oopsie there... :oops: And For a nice manual floor model. Yes!

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Inigo wrote:Congratulations! for a long wish accomplished! Enjoy it!
I usually play my records on an HMV194, and that was an unexpected finding, also after a loooong wish to have a huge ortho machine. This one fulfills the best listening expectations (leaving apart the EMGs and Experts ...)
I hope I finally could see and listen to one of those for the first time, this October at Malvern UK; the one owned by the CLPGS, if it is going to be there, which I expect...
Those European HMV and EMG machines are nice. But here in the USA, when it comes to non changer machines you can’t beat one of these.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Well I tried plugging it in with an extension cord and I guess it doesn’t like my extension cord because I got nothing. Forgive me, I’m a bit of a dummy when it comes to these early electric motors. Am I doing something wrong?

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

AmberolaAndy wrote:Well I tried plugging it in with an extension cord and I guess it doesn’t like my extension cord because I got nothing. Forgive me, I’m a bit of a dummy when it comes to these early electric motors. Am I doing something wrong?
Judging by your Youtube post, you resolved your cord issue. I'm glad you finally got a Credenza. I remember my own excitement when I finally got one many years ago after dreaming about for ages.
Best regards ... AZ*

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

AZ* wrote:
AmberolaAndy wrote:Well I tried plugging it in with an extension cord and I guess it doesn’t like my extension cord because I got nothing. Forgive me, I’m a bit of a dummy when it comes to these early electric motors. Am I doing something wrong?
Judging by your Youtube post, you resolved your cord issue. I'm glad you finally got a Credenza. I remember my own excitement when I finally got one many years ago after dreaming about for ages.

Yeah, the cord to the back and the turntable just wasn’t plugged in. I haven’t tried my semi-rebuilt soundbox on it but it should boost the sound even more.

BTW, What do you think about this method of sealing the horn?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F8q5fw3CmaU