Help With Brunswick Lid Support

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Re: Help With Brunswick Lid Support

Post by CDBPDX »

startgroove wrote:Rotate the part carrying the spring around 180 degrees.
What STARTGROOVE said...
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

Hit of the Week
Victor I

Post by Hit of the Week »

I have a machine exactly like yours; unlike most of my machines, it had never been torn apart because it actually ran perfectly when I got it. But I can relate to your plea, so I finally got the turn table off and removed the motor. These are the photos I was able to get using my wife's phone (I'm still in the flip phone era :lol: ) The first picture shows the bottom end you need to hook up. The second picture shows the entire bracket--the right side of the photo is actually the top. Notice how the top end of the spring is hooked on mine and make sure yours is like that because your picture shows the spring hooked on opposite of mine. Perhaps you have turned the spring upside down--I don't know if that will make a difference or not. Hope this helps!

Iowa Dale
Attachments
20190825_162600_1566768592591.jpg
20190825_162424.jpg

Hit of the Week
Victor I

Forgot to mention...the spring tension adjustment screw on mine is turned all the way out whereas yours looks like it's most of the way in.?? I don't know whether this will make any difference but I did want to mention it.

Iowa Dale

RSStone
Victor O

Post by RSStone »

Marty Bufalini wrote:How the heck does the spring hook on to the one end of the mechanism? It seems the hook on the one end is crooked the wrong way. Pics of how it hooks would be nice. Thanks.
Hope this helps...
lid support.jpg

Hit of the Week
Victor I

Anyone know if Marty got this spring re-installed?

Iowa Dale

Marty Bufalini
Victor II

Post by Marty Bufalini »

No, I never got it attached. Got busy with other stuff.

It' won't rotate 180 degrees without affecting the operation.

The examples Iowa Dale and others sent show a hole in the upper part shown in the first picture I sent -- the one at the top of this page the end where I'm trying to hook it. Mine does not have that hole. Just the open end. Also, my spring is close ended as shown in my picture. The examples others sent show an open ended spring.

I just can't figure this darn thing out!!!

HELP!!!

Thanks.

Marty

Kevan
Victor I
Personal Text: Over Hill And Dale.....and back again.

Post by Kevan »

I think there was a hole on the side were the spring is NOT. It may have broke and now looks like a hook. If you can drill a small hole near the backwards hook to secure the spring and hook it on the other side then use the screw to adjust to match the weight of the lid.

That's what I would do.

Kevan