My new VE 8-30X Leather Tooled Credenza

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Re: My new VE 8-30X Leather Tooled Credenza

Post by AmberolaAndy »

52089 wrote:
AmberolaAndy wrote:
melvind wrote: Normal Credenzas are well below $1000+ these days. I see prices like $350 to $600 pretty regularly.
Not where I’m at. :roll: It seems the 1920s more like the “Meowing” 20s where I’m at instead of the “Roaring” 20s in other parts of the US lol! :lol:
I don't know where you're looking, but in addition to Craigslist and eBay, I'd suggest Facebook Marketplace (FBM) and any of the various buy/sell apps like Ibotta, LetGo, etc. I know of 2 Credenzas in the northeast that are under $200 on FBM. Smaller machines show up more - there are at least 5 or 6 4-7s within a hour's drive of me. Your results will of course vary greatly, but it's still worth looking from time to time.
I’m looking for a Credenza in a reasonable price in Omaha Nebraska and the surrounding areas. :) Seems like not many people bought them here like they did in the northeast. And when one does show up near me they want a king’s ransom for it. You guys out east are SUPER lucky!

cheryla
Victor II
Personal Text: YouTube: Dyslexic Genius Hurt

Post by cheryla »

Got on and they are in the rarity side

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

AmberolaAndy wrote: I’m looking for a Credenza in a reasonable price in Omaha Nebraska and the surrounding areas. :) Seems like not many people bought them here like they did in the northeast. And when one does show up near me they want a king’s ransom for it. You guys out east are SUPER lucky!
I have seen some very fine machines surface in the Omaha area. Of course, they are not as abundant as they might be on the East Coast, but they do appear from time to time. I lost out on a very nice lyre grille Amberola 1-A at an estate sale out there not so long ago.

Garret

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Garret wrote:
AmberolaAndy wrote: I’m looking for a Credenza in a reasonable price in Omaha Nebraska and the surrounding areas. :) Seems like not many people bought them here like they did in the northeast. And when one does show up near me they want a king’s ransom for it. You guys out east are SUPER lucky!
I have seen some very fine machines surface in the Omaha area. Of course, they are not as abundant as they might be on the East Coast, but they do appear from time to time. I lost out on a very nice lyre grille Amberola 1-A at an estate sale out there not so long ago.

Garret
I can accept an Amberola 1-A, but I’ve never seen one for sale on Craigslist or Marketplace though. I’ve seen Credenzas they’re either a king’s ransom, or “too far” for anyone willing to drive me to get it. (Last year there was one I could afford but it was in Lincoln and good luck finding anyone willing to drive me there. And one year there was a Viva Tonal 810 but that was in Grand Island. If I didn’t have a irrational fear of learning to drive my collection would be twice as big. But I’d rather not have the machines then hurt myself or others Lol.) But amberola 1-A Or 1-Bs no dice! Plenty of C-250s and C-19s tho. Which I already have. :monkey: