Victrola VV 8-9 carved appliques

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Bruce_Van_Note
Victor I

Victrola VV 8-9 carved appliques

Post by Bruce_Van_Note »

As many of you know, I've just acquired a Victrola VV 8-9. I need to replace the carved wood appliques on the front of the cabinet. Does anyone have these pieces for sale, or could recommend a place where I could find them? I've asked APSCO and they don't have them. Thanks.
Attachments
VV 8-9 torn grille cloth (3).jpg
"No matter where you go, there you are"

Victor VI

Re: Victrola VV 8-9 carved appliques

Post by 52089 »

You're not likely to find them. I'd suggest you create a mold of your existing one and use it to fill in the missing pieces. There are instructions for this in Compleat Talking Machine and on the board.

zenith82
Victor II

Post by zenith82 »

52089 wrote:You're not likely to find them. I'd suggest you create a mold of your existing one and use it to fill in the missing pieces. There are instructions for this in Compleat Talking Machine and on the board.
+1

The center one that's missing a piece is symmetrical.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I am the seller of the 8-9 to Bruce, and I have that piece which I took off of my other 8-9. I am planning to make a mold and send Bruce the molding for his. Like so many things in life, I just haven't got around to it yet. I have the materials, just have to get out there and do it. Marc.