Victor Olive color 7 inch record

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
fmblizz
Victor IV

Re: Victor Olive color 7 inch record

Post by fmblizz »

My only additional comment would be both the yellowish/gold text as well as the background color look identical to a couple other 7 Inch olive/green Gram-o-Phone records that I had... The Olive/Green labels have been well documented over the years but on Improved Gram-O-Phone records only..

That coupled with the fact that this particular record does not have the record number etched any place on it as the other EJ Victor labels prompted me to post this question in the first place..

blizz

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

a comparison to other 7 inch PreDog Victor records..

blizz
Attachments
all 4 small.jpg
all 4 small 2.jpg

Governor Flyball
Victor II

Post by Governor Flyball »

Only curious because you started the thread using the description olive grey and then the discussion reverted to olive green. I initially thought it was an improper black level setting or lighting in the photograph which produced green in the blacks or the angle of the disc in the photo reflecting green light..

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

You are absolutely correct...I was informed by a early record collector that the first early labels were referred to as olive grey and not olive green which I initially posted. I did sell a olive grey Gram-O-Phone disc on Ebay a couple weeks ago and it received a lot of attention. The color seemed identical to me.. I decided to post a few other Victors so members could compare. There was no flash used in these pictures so all are of the same exposure..

blizz