A Visit To The Olden Year Museum

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

A Visit To The Olden Year Museum

Post by Jerry B. »

We were recently in Texas for a brief vacation and had the opportunity to visit the Olden Year Museum in Duncanville, TX. Duncanville is very near Dallas. It was a chance to catch up with Rick Wilkins and enjoy the collection he was able to build for the last forty years. It was nothing less than amazing. The museum takes you on a journey through time featuring the earliest forms of mechanical music and continuing through the early history of the television. On your musical journey you will see and hear automatic musical instruments, automatons, nickelodeons, music boxes, and talking machines. It was well worth the stop.

Olden Year Museum
1050 N. Duncanville Road
Duncanville, Texas 75116
972-572-1585
oldenyearmuseum@gmail.com
http://www.oldenyear.com

We also had a wonderful Texas barbecue dinner with David and Lerria Rosamond. I'd like to thank David for making the arrangements to see the Olden Year Museum.
Attachments
IMG_4012.JPG
IMG_4013.JPG
IMG_4015.JPG
IMG_4016.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG
Last edited by Jerry B. on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gsphonos
Victor II

Re: A Visit To The Olden Year Museum

Post by gsphonos »

Awesome collection!! Thanks for sharing.

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Wow, sounds like a fun visit! What a place and some really unusual phonographs. I can't think of anything more fun than Barbeque with the Rosamonds!

phonolady
Victor I

Post by phonolady »

Jerry,
We had great fun having dinner with you, DEE DEE and your friends.

It was our pleasure to get the museum tour set up and glad you enjoyed it.

I talked to Rick the next day and he said you reminded him you got your first Vic D from him

40 years ago or so, he was very impressed you remembered that and he said it was a great pleasure showing

y'all the museum.

Y'ALL COME BACK NOW< YOU HEAR!

David & Lerria

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Thanks Jerry, for your most interesting post. More than 20 years ago when I was strictly a music box collector and dealer, exhibiting at the Orlando show, I asked Rick to pick out a nice cylinder phonograph for me among the many available for sale. He chose a beautifully restored Amberola 30 and guided me on the intricacies the machine. It was the best $400 I ever spent. Fast forward 20+ years, Rick and I have done lots of business together, helped each other out many times, etc., and I still haven't been to the museum. I had no idea it was as nice as it is, but Rick never seems to talk it up or brag about it. It's now on my travel bucket list.

Raphael