Edison Amberola V service manual?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Edison Amberola V service manual?

Post by fran604g »

Hiya folks,

If I were so inclined to disassemble, clean, reassemble and adjust my Amberol V, is there a bonafide resource for a step-by-step tutorial, manual, or instructions for such an undertaking? I've done the usual precursory Google search for any manual pertaining to the Amberola V, and come up with nothing other than a reproduction parts catalog on the 'Bay in ON, Canada - and a scanned manual for the setup and operation of the Amberola 30/50. Those won't help me with what I need.

Yes, the mechanism is relatively self-explanatory, and I have copious amounts of mechanical aptitude, but I'd like to know if I'm missing anything the engineers at the Edison Phonograph Works knew that I don't (which was most certainly quite a lot). There are some rather touchy adjustments to be made, and I want to get them absolutely right.

Was there an actual service manual that anyone has seen, and if so, is there a copy of it somewhere for public consumption? An exploded view of the entire Phonograph would be particularly helpful.

Thanks kindly,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Edison Amberola V service manual?

Post by fran604g »

Post moved to Yankee Trader as a "wanted" item. http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 59#p253659

Last bumped by fran604g on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:01 am.
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.