Sad News- We lost a friend today- Gene Cole

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
mark gaisser
Victor O

Re: Sad News- We lost a friend today- Gene Cole

Post by mark gaisser »

Hey Brad,
Gene was a class act in the phonograph world and i was truly blessed to have many deals with him as he was straight forward and honest.
We truly lost a dear friend to our hobby and he will be missed to everyone who knew him ....god bless you Gene.
Thanks Brad for the thought of telling us as i know how much pain it is to post this as I know how close you were with Gene.
Kind Regards,
Mark

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Sorry for your loss, Brad. Please convey my thoughts and prayers to his wife and family.

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

AudioAntique
Victor II
Personal Text: "There is always a way to do it better....find it" Thomas Edison

Post by AudioAntique »

It is with sadness that Gene Cole has passed. Gene was always young at heart and spirit. We had good times at Margaretville, in Florida with Gene and Ellen. We also gather at the phonograph shows and auctions. Gene was an inspiration in our earlier days of collecting.

Gene had a good eye for a good deal and could bring a phonograph back to life. He was a true collector, enjoyed the hobby, and had many phonograph friends. He will be sadly missed. We send our best to Ellen and their family.

Rob & Joan
http://www.audioantique.com - Books featuring: Hearthstone Historic House Museum, Nipper Collectibles, Nipper items, Phonograph Dolls & Toys; Items for sale.

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

I had a request for information about Gene's funeral service. If anyone is wanting to know the details, please PM me.
Gene's daughter and wife have appreciated reading the many kind words his phono friends have posted.

Thanks-

Brad Abell

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

That is really sad news. Thoughts and prayers to his family. It is sad that one day my generation will see all the greatest generation pass on.

Travis

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

I hate to hear that Brad. I have a few pieces in my collection that came from Gene. He was a great guy that always had a smile on his face. He will be missed.
Bob

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

travisgreyfox wrote:That is really sad news. Thoughts and prayers to his family. It is sad that one day my generation will see all the greatest generation pass on.

Travis
That's the unfortunate thing about being a young guy in an generally older demographic of a hobby. Hope to become familiar with many of the people here in the future, time flies!

Martin

Phonofolks
Victor I

Post by Phonofolks »

I am sorry to hear about Gene's passing. He was such a nice and honest guy. I would bump into him at auctions whether it would be in Virginia, West Virginia or Pennsylvania he would be there if phonographs were being sold. He always reached out to me and said hello which would start a very nice conversation. I always was amazed with his spirit and how astute he was about the hobby. I always enjoyed our conversations. It amazed me how strong he was and how he embraced life even after his son passed. Now they are together again. Godbless you Gene. You will be missed.