Pathé Actuelle Model H variations

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Pathé Actuelle Model H variations

Post by phonogal »

I just recently acquired a Pathé Actuelle model H from a forum member (Thank you, Roy) which is pictured here. http://forum.talkingmachine.info/search ... mit=Search While searching for information on this machine,which is very limited, found several variations in this model. There are 3 different styles of door trim, some have a door on the side, some have 5 oval cutouts in the grill and some have 6. I found one with a hinged door in the front panel to allow access to motor. I'm sure there are probably other differences as well but these are a few I found. I find this very interesting that so many changes were made on this model. If any of the forum members has the book on American Pathés, could you share what information is available on the model H Actuelle? Thanks, Jan

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: Pathé Actuelle Model H variations

Post by marcapra »

I have the Copeland/Dethlefson Pathé book, but it doesn't really answer the questions you ask. I've never noticed those variations and I have owned two or three Pathé Actuelles, a model J, model H, and a model T. Of course the Model T, the Tudor, or English Gothic model has a lot of variations since it's an art model.
Attachments
pathe3.jpeg
pathe3.jpeg (63.87 KiB) Viewed 464 times
pathe2.jpeg