Featured Phonograph № 65

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gramophone78
Victor VI

Re: Featured Phonograph № 65

Post by gramophone78 »

That is very interesting.The photo is so clear.In fact maybe you could PM me the address or phone # so I can buy everything in the window....... :lol:.One of the cutest "German" posters is two little kids and a dog perring into the Gramophone shop window.It is so cute.I'm sure you know the one I mean.

Starkton
Victor IV

Post by Starkton »

gramophone78 wrote:In fact maybe you could PM me the address or phone # so I can buy everything in the window.
Address: Ritterstraße 36, Berlin South 42.
Phone: Telephone Exchange IV. 3597 and 1630.

In October a new singer is in town, I think Caruso is his name. What do you think, shall I buy a ticket?

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

What an interesting machine!

I'd agree with others on the finish. I think it looks quite good as it is, untouched.

It's interesting to me that a machine like this designed for commercial use has only a single spring motor? I suppose they only cared that it had enough power to play one side before someone would again wind and drop in anothter coin? Is the spring strong enough to play more than a side without a winding?

Thanks alot for posting.

Starkton
Victor IV

Post by Starkton »

Valecnik wrote: It's interesting to me that a machine like this designed for commercial use has only a single spring motor? I suppose they only cared that it had enough power to play one side before someone would again wind and drop in anothter coin? Is the spring strong enough to play more than a side without a winding?
It was intentionally underpowered and has a hard time to play two complete sides. The crank was locked during play to prevent new winding. For correct operation (automatic end stop of turntable) the records had to have an inner groove ("Auslaufrille").

antique1973
Victor IV
Personal Text: Victor Z, Victrola 4-3

Post by antique1973 »

Awesome machine, thanks for sharing!