Sonora Jacobean - De Luxe art case . Robespierre model

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Victrolaman
Victor II

Sonora Jacobean - De Luxe art case . Robespierre model

Post by Victrolaman »

Hi all
I got lucky I think this time but need some info, I got a few questions about a nice art case Sonora I bought today
It's the one listed above. This one has the nice wood tone arm, it has a electric light, this one has a triple spring gold plated motor in it, can go 45 mins on one winding, has a meter to that tells you how many more records you can play
I have heard of these art models before but never saw one.
I paid 275.00 for it.
Works and sounds great
I have a friend who collects phonographs tell me certain art case models go for big money but I can't find any info on mine?
The woodwork on this is unbeleivable,
Anyone at all on here have any info or if you have one send me some pics. Also came with a lot of needles, diamond ones sapphire steel ect.. I think I got a good deal here but any help is appreciated
Any info or value on this model I'd appreciate
I'd attach some pics if I knew how on here lol :)

phonophan79
Victor IV

Re: Sonora Jacobean - De Luxe art case . Robespierre model

Post by phonophan79 »

Pics! :D
gramophoneshane wrote:Couldn't be easier here. You dont even have to bother with outside hosting and links etc.
Under the reply box, you'll find an "upload attachment" box.
Hit "browse", find the picture in your computer you want to publish, click on it, then on "open" to automatically transfer the filename to the line provided in the attachment box.
You then click "add the file", and a box will appear while the file/picture is added.
When the upload is complete, the box disappears & you're ready to submit your post.
Once posted, the picture remains here forever unless you or a moderator physically deletes it, unlike many pictures that do a disappearing act when hosted by online places like Imageshack, photobucket etc

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

And, more than one image may be uploaded to a single post.
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

Tinkerbell
Victor III

Post by Tinkerbell »

Check out a previous thread on this forum... You'll have to read through the entire thread, and while it does not have information "specific" to your model, it does mention that your model (amongst several other art models) are rarely seen and as such, information is pretty scarce.

Looks like you made a great find! :rose:

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 56&start=0

Victrolaman
Victor II

Post by Victrolaman »

Hi,
Great thank you, i saw that last night after i posted. Another thing i discovered after to on it, on the side where the turn table is, there was a drawer, in it was all the needles for it this one came with a Diamond needle, and Saphire needle as well and a few others and they were all there still in the cases they came in. I guess this particular model was one of the highest end ones they made for the Art Case series. Im curious to find out the value and rarity of this one. I have sen that Mahogany tone arm and reproducer once alone sell for 350 on ebay,
Who knows what the Gold plated triple spring motor is worth.
Im looking forward to finding out all on can on this one so any help from the Forum is welcomed, thanks for your reply

antique1973
Victor IV
Personal Text: Victor Z, Victrola 4-3

Post by antique1973 »

To add pics, hit the "browse" button, select a file, then hit upload file. It will attach the photo. Then do the same thing again for each photo you want to attach.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

Problem with these big consoles is that quality and rarity don't always translate into value. The market for consoles isn't strong, no matter how they look- with Sonoras the bombe case models sell, others just sit there. I've got over $500 in my art case Cheney console but in today's market I doubt I'd sell it for $200 - I take that back: it WOULD sell at that price, and the buyer would probably strip it for parts.

If you like your Sonora and have a place for it then polish it up and enjoy it for a while.

Edisone
Victor IV

Post by Edisone »

They actually had a "Robespierre" model? Did it cut your head off if it didn't like your choice of music? :mrgreen:

Phonofolks
Victor I

Post by Phonofolks »

Sonora Art cased models are beautiful machines. I bought a Sonora Chippendale deluxe model back in early 2009 for a real good price too. It has all the features like yours has and mine is in Walnut with crotching on the panel that covers the front speaker. Here is a picture of the chippendale. It looks just like my profile photo here on this forum. If you want to compare information just let me know.

Rick
Attachments
sonora chippendale.jpg
sonora chippendale.jpg (49.76 KiB) Viewed 2580 times