Logo Transparencies

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
PhonoJack
Victor Jr

Re: Logo Transparencies

Post by PhonoJack »

That is a spectacular example of an original G&T Trademark logo. Congratulations, very nice.

This recording angel logo was used in Europe by the Gramophone Company before the now famous, well-recognized logo Nipper the dog, listening to the gramophone was adopted. What is not commonly known is here in the United States, Victor also used this logo here to designate records pressed here but which came from 'foreign stampers'. You can see this logo on certain Monarch records, and some early Victor "Patent labels" and Harry Lauder's earliest US issues.

Today, you can still find the recording angel, the EMI/Angel now on EMI International CDs. EMI is the surviving entity of the British Gramophone Company founded by William Barry Owen, Emile Berliner's representative.

Have fun,

Jack

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Logo Transparencies

Post by MordEth »

I wish I had a better source image for this, but I wanted to get Columbia’s ‘Magic Notes’ in the stock avatar gallery, and this image worked pretty well at avatar size.

Enjoy.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.