Logo Transparencies

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Andersun
Victor III

Re: Logo Transparencies

Post by Andersun »

MordEth,

I saved it as a PNG in Photoshop and tried to post. When I did preview, only the words "image" appeared.

Steve

Covah
Victor II

Post by Covah »

I wish someone would make a Tea Tray Company decal. Little oval one.

And the medallion one too, I forgot. Decals for the horns people have in the real world.

How about a replacement Hawthorne and Sheble badge, the kind that usually get knocked off?
Last edited by Covah on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Andersun wrote:I saved it as a PNG in Photoshop and tried to post. When I did preview, only the words "image" appeared.
Steve,

Weird; I’m not sure how that would have happened, unless perhaps the image wasn’t loading properly in the browser for some reason. Since the .psd provided was on a white background, I opted to vector it in Illustrator:

Covah wrote:I wish someone would make a Tea Tray Company decal. Little oval one.
Could you provide a head-on photo of the logo?

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

antiquekid3
Victor Jr

Post by antiquekid3 »

Thank you SO much, David! It looks so good! I can't wait to see more transparencies!

Andersun
Victor III

Post by Andersun »

Here is a PNG file..... finally!

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi David
Excellent job you are doing on these logo's, maybe you should start making water slide transfers, This is the machine that I photographed the horn logo for you. The horn and back bracket are in excellent condition arguably one of the best I have ever seen.
Attachments
Victor I
Victor I
Victor I
Victor I
Victor I
Victor I
Victor I
Victor I

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

That's one of the nicest later Vic 1's Ive seen. Really clean. Congratulations. I hope this is one of those in your livingroom :)

Bruce

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

saxymojo wrote:Excellent job you are doing on these logo's, maybe you should start making water slide transfers...
Marcel,

I was thinking about looking into doing this, although I’m not sure how much work it is or how much demand there is for these.

Thanks for sharing these pictures—that really is a very nice Victor I.

[hr][/hr]
Steve had asked me to try my hand with some images that he posted of this G & T ‘New Style 3’:

So here is the circular logo that I cut out first (before):

And after:

To quote his description of the machine:
Steve wrote:This machine was the last version of the Trademark machine sold commercially. It differs quite significantly from the earlier version by virtue of a different motor and bigger spring (giving it the ability to play a 10" record through). It also has a combined speed and brake control for simplicity. Also note the "Concert" soundbox which replaced the Clarke Johnson type.

The horn is nickel plated zinc but otherwise the identical size to the earlier machine. I guess this machine dates from c. 1903?

All parts on this machine are original including the record clamp, winder, leather elbow etc which are commonly replaced.

Everything apart from the white rubber tubing which acts as a sleeve to protect the horn from the wire support itself!

This machine is also totally unrestored with all its original nickel plating and shellac polish to the wooden box. However, it has suffered with a small bit of damage to the back of the box and this was repaired many moons ago (as evidenced by the old “cow glue” and small rusty pin). The motor case has also been polished back to steel as the tiny surviving remnants of its original plating spoilt the otherwise dazzling appearance of the rest of the machine.
Expect to see a couple more images from this machine. :D

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi
I'm green with envy I would love to have that machine :mrgreen:

You are doing a great job on the logos

Regards Marcel

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

saxymojo wrote:You are doing a great job on the logos
Marcel,

Thanks—I’d like to do a lot more of them, as long as people are willing to photograph them for me (as I really do not have access to all that many that I could photograph myself, and we have a lot better photographers than myself as members). :D

Here is a cut out of a logo photographed by RJ (a rectangle crop of which is his current avatar):

Expect more soon, although I am attempting to fix damage in a couple of the ones that I am working on, so I’m not sure how much time and motivation they might take.

...and I have been somewhat distracted with brushing up on my Illustrator skills to execute some vector graphic logo ideas for MOCAPS. See this thread for some similar examples.

— MordEth