Logo Transparencies

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Logo Transparencies

Post by MordEth »

Rather than throw this in another thread into which it really doesn’t fit, I figured that I would start a new thread of logo transparencies, as I have at least 2 more logos that I want to cut out to post here.

The first image was photographed by antiquekid3, and I cut it out for use as his avatar.

Here is that Columbia Grafonola logo (before):

And after:

Hopefully seeing the grain demonstrates how fun that was to cut out. ;)

I plan on doing a couple more of these, so stay tuned...

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

saxymojo
Victor II

Re: Logo Transparencies

Post by saxymojo »

Hi David
You clearly have to much time on your hands :D
Regards Marcel

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

Excellent work David!
With your skills, you should think about going into the repro decal business.
It must have taken quite some time to do that one.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Very cool David. I hope you will do a Victrola and and and Amberola 1 sometime. If nobody provides you a good shot of an Amberola 1, I'll try to get one when I go back to the US in June. The trick is getting a clear shot straight on at the decal. probably I'll try removing the lid support and setting up some special lamps. I don't think one could do it with a flash and you can't really put it on a scanner. :monkey:

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Bill was generous enough to provide a photograph his Amberola 1-A lid decal and so I’m working on that now.

I cut most of it out last night, although getting a good edge on it may take some effort, albeit probably not quite as much as the Grafonola decal.

Valecnik: It’s really too bad you can’t place them on a scanner, isn’t it? :D

I may try my hand at decals, although I imagine that I would have to build up a rather large library of images for it, if I were going to make them for owners who are in need of a replacement.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Andersun
Victor III

Post by Andersun »

Here is one I did for my website. If someone wants the cut logo only PSD file, let me know.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Andersun,

Very nice work. According to the limited Google results I found for ‘The Aretino Machine’, they were made by Columbia for a client; is this correct?

— MordEth

Andersun
Victor III

Post by Andersun »

MordEth wrote:they were made by Columbia for a client; is this correct?

— MordEth

Arthur O'Neill formed the company in 1907 and partnered with Hawthorne & Sheble who made the phonographs for him. Victor and Columbia then sued for patent infringements and by 1909, O'Neill was forced into an agreement with Columbia.

Andersun
Victor III

Post by Andersun »

The logo's color is more vivid but for some reason when I post here they get faded out a little.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Andersun wrote:The logo's color is more vivid but for some reason when I post here they get faded out a little.
Andersun,

If you want to send the .psd to me, I can see if I can correct that (and save it as a transparent PNG) for you.

Here’s another logo that I finally finished working on, from a horn logo that Marcel phonotographed (while we were still at ProBoards, I believe):

If anyone wants to use it as an avatar, it’s in the stock avatar gallery under ‘logos’. :D

— MordEth