Victor Fiber horns

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
kiwiatlarge
Victor Jr

Victor Fiber horns

Post by kiwiatlarge »

I'm fortunate enough to have two Victor fiber horns. The first is well documented on TMF. This is the black fiber horn for the early Victor 6 (I think it looks better on the 6 than my 24B - debate away!). The second is a horn I have on my Victor 5. I would love to know more about its history and I can't find much about this one anywhere. Hopefully some of you can help fill in the gaps - when they were sold, original price etc. There are a couple of old threads from years ago but these are missing pictures. Photos attached. I'm 99.9% sure it's been restored at sometime given the lack of damage and finish, though I still think it looks great.
Attachments
IMG_3445.jpeg
IMG_3444.jpeg
Last edited by kiwiatlarge on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Victor Fiber horns

Post by Jerry B. »

It's a fabulous faux oak horn but on a Victor 6? In fifty years of collecting I've had the pleasure to see one Victor VI in oak. Prior to that I would have bet my best gourd horn that an oak VI did not exist. Regardless, your horn is fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

Jerry B.

KC Kent
Victor Jr

Post by KC Kent »

Pretty sure he indicated that the black fiber horn is on his Vic 6.

kiwiatlarge
Victor Jr

Post by kiwiatlarge »

Jerry B. wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:44 am It's a fabulous faux oak horn but on a Victor 6? In fifty years of collecting I've had the pleasure to see one Victor VI in oak. Prior to that I would have bet my best gourd horn that an oak VI did not exist. Regardless, your horn is fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

Jerry B.
Hi Jerry

The faux oak horn is one is on my Victor 5, the black horn is on my "boring" mahogany 6 (at least when the 24 Brass isn't). Now though, we can all dream of a unicorn oak 6!

Best

Michael