Crown phonograph

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
ticticdok
Victor III

Crown phonograph

Post by ticticdok »

I acquired this machine several years back after purchasing a collection. At first I thought it was a homemade machine, but after posting here on the forum I realized it was a mail order, lower end machine but they were a rare hard to locate machine. I finally found an original short flower panel horn for the machine but kept it all original but the machine needed restoration. Here is an article with more details: https://www.edisontinfoil.com/crown.htm
Attachments
IMG_7741.jpeg
IMG_7733.jpeg
IMG_7732.jpeg
IMG_7730.jpeg

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Crown phonograph

Post by JerryVan »

I have one of those. Mine does not have the horn crane, (or that awesome little horn). I never knew it was meant to have a crane. I'll have to look for the small hole where the crane would mount. Thanks for the pictures!!

My dad bought mine at an estate sale. It was all in pieces, scattered all over the room. He patiently culled through all the mess of the sale and found nearly every part. I'm still missing the motor cover... and the horn crane too I guess.

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

Nice one! The link you posted goes to my website, so there are pictures of mine in that link. These are very interesting machines, and quite uncommon.

Here are a couple more original ads. It's very curious that they show 3 different cranes in various ads.
Attachments
Crown-adOct08.jpg
Crown-ad--7-08.jpg

ticticdok
Victor III

Post by ticticdok »

Thanks for the ads with the additional information. I appreciate it. It’s a unique machine…simple / rare.