My newest project (o/t)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Zeppy
Victor III

My newest project (o/t)

Post by Zeppy »

Sure, it's off topic...but I had to share my newest project. Arrived Monday evening, and should keep my occupied for years to come (so the VTLA may take even longer then expected).

Say hello to litte Sofia

:D

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Re: My newest project (o/t)

Post by Brad »

All right, a Babyola!

You will have many joyous years until they are teenagers and they view your phonograph collection as the unfairness of you wasting their money :)

Congrats!
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

Congratulations Zeppy! What a beautiful child! Just don't vaccinate her with a phonograph needle! You and the Missus do good work! John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Zeppy,

Congratulations! Just remember—the Sound-Box is not a pacifier. :D

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

Congratulations Zeppy, and to your wife! Sofia is a little cutie. :)

Schmaltz
Victor I
Personal Text: "Shut Your Eyes and See" (J. Joyce)

Post by Schmaltz »

> Congratulations!

I second that heartily!

> Just remember—the Sound-Box is not a pacifier.

Not even the Binkie-Phonic?
Visit the virtual jukebox at The Old Schmaltz Archives.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Congratulations Zeppy! Not off topic at all. A new little soundbox in the house. May she grow up to be othophonic and to love listening to the "gramophone" as my four and half year old has done!

Hint from an old hand: Get a couple of dogs to watch over her and protect her while she sleeps. I've found the breed pictured below to be particularly good for this!
Attachments
Tereza, Nipper and Chipper.jpg

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Now that's what I call a "basket case!" ...And aren't they the best kind? Congratulations and very best wishes to you and the missus. :D

George P.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Brad wrote:All right, a Babyola!
Good one! Congrats Zeppy & family!

Yep Brad, looks like a babyola alright, complete with orthophonic soundbox to give the loudest and clearest sound reproduction known to man 24 / 7 ! :D

RJ 8-)

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Valecnik wrote:Congratulations Zeppy! Not off topic at all. A new little soundbox in the house. May she grow up to be othophonic and to love listening to the "gramophone" as my four and half year old has done!

Hint from an old hand: Get a couple of dogs to watch over her and protect her while she sleeps. I've found the breed pictured below to be particularly good for this!
Congrats right back you...looks like I'm not the only one who's reproducer doesn't need a rebuild ;)

Thanks all for the well wishes....and for the good news...apparently she's a jazz fan...on the drive home she didn't let out a peep once the music went on...sure, it might be the vibrations from the car...but I'm still entitled to my delusions, for now.