Edison Suitcase Home

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
LimeTree99
Victor Jr

Edison Suitcase Home

Post by LimeTree99 »

I went to the Wayne show yesterday and picked up an Edison suitcase home, as I've been looking for one for a while now. The machine is in very nice condition, and runs quiet as a feather, however I'd like to know the approximate date it left the factory. This is now the oldest machine in my collection, predating my model A Triumph by a few years or so.

The serial number is H8903, and judging from older posts on the forum, my guess would be the last few months of 1898. Could anyone confirm this?

Thank you.

rgordon939
Victor V

Re: Edison Suitcase Home

Post by rgordon939 »

Yes it is from November of 1898.

Rich Gordon

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Congratulations! Some of us are a little nutty for suitcase Homes. A detailed article on all models of the Edison Home Phonograph will appear in the next issue (June 2024) of the APS magazine.

George P>

ticticdok
Victor III

Post by ticticdok »

That’s good to hear about the article on the suitcase home. It has always been one of my favorite machines. John

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

ticticdok wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:50 pm That’s good to hear about the article on the suitcase home. It has always been one of my favorite machines. John
The upcoming article is about ALL models of the Edison Home Phonograph. For an article that focuses only on the suitcase Home, check the September 2006 issue of the APS magazine.

George P.