Review of Wilson Home electric cylinder player

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Review of Wilson Home electric cylinder player

Post by drh »

TNT-Audio has just published the first part of a three-part review I've written about forum member Don Wilson's Wilson Home electric cylinder player. Part 3 will have audio and video samples, including a YouTube video of various cylinders played on a current model Wilson Home. Noted in case anybody was wondering about how the things work. Today's article is mostly background for a general audience not familiar with cylinders. The next two will get into more nuts-and-bolts about the machine itself.

The article is here: https://www.tnt-audio.com/vintage/wilson1_e.html

As an aside, the review is much better because of information that various postings here on the TMF either taught me or called to my attention. Thanks to all who contribute here!

Also as an aside, if anybody here is fluent in Italian and would be interested in translating the articles, please drop me a line; my editor at TNT deemed them too long and specialized to inflict on the publication's usual volunteer translator or translators for the Italian edition.