Soundquality on different machines, outside-inside horn

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: Soundquality on different machines, outside-inside horn

Post by gramophoneshane »

lol. Plenty more where that came from :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEP7uti0PDw[/youtube]

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Steve wrote:What's wrong with skinny blondes, why do they always have to be buxom? ;)

To my mind Edison DD's would have to be a lot better than Victor's playback to be anywhere near the Pathé system. I would also point out that unlike most of my collecting friends here and elsewhere, I do not have any particularly good Pathé records to show off either.

So from my own personal perspective, there is nothing to equal Pathé (jury's out on Edison) before the later acoustic developments by that company I'm not allowed to mention. ;)
Who cares what they are saying! Just stand closer to the horn and listen to the music. :D

I would agree that Pathé system is very good. The problem is for me I have never been able to find good quality records, with good content. Perhaps I need to ask one of those French speaking Hungarians where to look. :lol:

To really answer give a definitive answer one would need to be specific about the time period and the machine. The first blue amberols played on an Amberola 1A or 1B have to be much better than anything at the time including Pathé in my opinion. Pathé records of that period are probably louder. If you took a high end Pathé, Edison and Victor disc machine of 1920 with a good quality record produced the same year my bet would be Edison on top and Pathé close second, possibly louder and victor in third place relative to sound quality. I can't prove this. Just my personal opinion.

PhonoJack
Victor Jr

Post by PhonoJack »

Gramophoneshane and Steve,

Your postings showing some dumb blonds and comments about Americans have no place on this board. You guys pulled this crap on Dan’s board and there’s no need for it. It’s simply bad behavior and indicates ignorance when you come here (a global forum of mostly Americans) and point out something embarrassing to most educated Americans- stupidity. You may think it’s fashionable to take shots at “us” but they are irritating, snide remarks and other digs embedded in messages that come from two blokes that hide behind a keyboard. Knock it off.

What do your comments have to do with Sound quality on different machines? Let’s keep this board focused on the purpose for which it is intended.

Jack Whelan
PhonoJack

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

I dont recall directing anything at Americans at all in these posts. Dumb blondes can be found in any country in the world, especially here in Oz. Lets not forget there are many extremely intelligent blondes too!
Perhaps these video's don't have any place on this forum, but I thought they were funny, and related to Valecnik's & Steve's light hearted humour.
If you find them offensive, you are welcome to flag the post, and the moderators can decide if I've crossed the line.

You have to admit, these girls are pretty stupid :)

BTW: I seem to recall you Jack, recently commenting on a phonograph with it's legs removed, and the "little people" who couldn't reach or scratch the cabinet top. Did that comment have a place on this board? What's the difference?

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

PhonoJack wrote:You guys pulled this crap on Dan’s board and there’s no need for it.
I would gladly be reminded of when I've allegedly "pulled this crap" before anywhere else? Maybe you would care to elaborate?

I agree that Bruce, Shane and I were just having a joke about dumb blondes and as Shane said they can be found everywhere in the world. I bet the UK has more per square mile than the US does? What's with the suggestion of taking "shots"? I think you're taking an issue that has no bearing on ANYONE who comes to this board, rather personally and mistakenly. No offence was meant to anyone other than dumb blondes who I'm sure don't come here and presumably wouldn't get the joke or feel offended, even if they did come here? :roll:

Short people can't help being short. Being stupid is something different altogether and that can be addressed and those sort of people shouldn't try so hard to be in the public eye in order to make money out of being pretty talentless. They deserve all the ribbing they can get IMHO.

richardh

Post by richardh »

I dont recall either Steve or Bruce ever making a comment on Dans board about dumb blondes.....

In any case the discussion in this thread was light hearted, and as a blond myself (see signature below) I took no offence to any of the comments made. (BTW I would point out that I can't comment on the buxom bit as being a bloke I could never be that!! :lol: )

RJ 8-)