new auctions site? -- Overstock.com

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

new auctions site? -- Overstock.com

Post by phonophan79 »

Granted, there are no phonographs listed...

...but a company attempting to host their own online auctions? Will it go the way of Yahoo auctions?

Anyone have any experience buying or selling here?

http://auctions.overstock.com/

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: new auctions site? -- Overstock.com

Post by MordEth »

phonophan79 wrote:Anyone have any experience buying or selling here?
I’ve never used them, but over the last few years, I’ve read a lot of negative press about the company (although not specifically about the auction side of things). Here are some of the articles:
They’ve gotten a lot of coverage on their repeated attempts at biasing any Wikipedia entries touching on the company, and on the CEO’s bizarre ravings.

Here are a couple of articles that I just found on the auction side of things:
They might be worth a try, if they’ve gotten their IT woes worked out, I don’t know. However, it definitely sounds like if you want to sell something, you’re going to do better on eBay, because far more people use it.

Hope this helps.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.