The nicest girls listen to Edison Phonographs

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

The nicest girls listen to Edison Phonographs

Post by Valecnik »

Another recent string showed some children in tattered cloths dancing to a weathered Edison phono and some scruffy men listening to thier Edison outside a sod house on the Prairrie. Here you can see Edison was also popular with the upper class.

You can bet this young ladies father had a gun close to the door!
Attachments
Woman with Edison phono.jpg

richardh

Re: The nicest girls listen to Edison Phonographs

Post by richardh »

Looks like that was one very nice horn on that machine. Its a shame that the machine itself cant be identified. She must have been a lady of leisure as she obviously had time to arrange those flowers and trim her bush.

RJ 8-)
Last edited by richardh on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Bruce,

The paint job on that horn goes nicely with the plants with which she surrounded herself.

Thanks for sharing this photo!

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

Nice picture! And by the looks of the little bit of the machine peeking out i think its a standard or fireside.

Thanks for sharing,
Aaron

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Aaron, I think you are right. If I had to bet I would say a two minute standard but also could be a fireside. In either case the horn must have been about the most that the small machine could have accomodated without a floor crane.

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

I'm sure the bright colors of the horn must have attracted the attention of honey bees and other insects. Can you imagine a bee buzzin' its way deep into the horn?

:lol: :squirrel: :lol:

Rocky