Phonograph Items we have FOUND Broken

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Phonograph Items we have FOUND Broken

Post by MordEth »

antiquekid3,

Glad to see you made it—and that you found TypeQ WDC’s Gold Moulded avatar. ;)

Welcome to The Talking Machine Forum version 2.0!

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

antiquekid3
Victor Jr

Post by antiquekid3 »

Thanks! Glad to be here! I'll probably edit one of my pictures now that I have GIMP. It's a neat little program! Maybe someday I'll invest in Photoshop. It's a bit easier for me to use than GIMP! I have been trained on PS at school, and man is it fun! Check out my attempt to make a transparency!

hillndalefan
Victor I

Post by hillndalefan »

Back in the mid-60s, I tried to break a diamond disc, just to see what it took. [It was an unplayable one that I had already replaced with a good copy.] I stood at the top of the stairs going to our basement, and tossed it down----it chipped a little and bounced. Over the knee didn't even begin to do the job. After several attempts, I put it on two concrete blocks spaced about 6 inches apart and hit it with a sledge hammer. THAT'S what it took to break that disc! If only our other records were so indestructible. :o Bob Ault

coyote
Victor II

Post by coyote »

I recall someone trying to sell a broken-and-glued-back-together copy of "Greetings from the Bunch at Orange" at Wayne last year. One wonders how THAT happened?!

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

Neophone - do you still have those pictures that started this thread? They're coming up moved or deleted now.