HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID (Feb. 23rd)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID (Feb. 23rd)

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

Today's the day! And you're a Pisces...they're nice folks.
Jim

Blackdiamond
Victor Jr

Post by Blackdiamond »

Hello David,

Well it seems your phpbb skills have you on a few boards, as i am a moderator on my own board which you are a valued member.

To inform everyone of how I know David, Mori, MordEth, or what ever he calls himself these days :lol: We have been friends through a office we both worked at about 5 years ago, and have remained friends since.

To say have a Happy Birthday just isn't enough. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and skills to a dumb witted, no brain, computer illiterate, hunt and peck typer like myself, seems more fitting. Over the years you have made me from what I was to some one that know has the basics and a few more skills. Also a few dozen TV shows not to leave them out.

Here is wishing you many many more to come my friend.

Regards,
Stan
If you're interested in coin collecting, please go to http://forum.coinman.info/.

Amberola 1-A
Victor II

Post by Amberola 1-A »

Happy B-Day, David!!

And thanks for all the techie tips to make sailing through the www a bit easier!

:clover:
Check with your dealer for the latest Edison Records!

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

Hi David:

Just wanted to add my own salutations and best wishes. I think you and John have done a great job, building up this board. Keep up the good work.

I was looking online for a good, memorable recording of "Happy Birthday," but found this instead.

[youtubehq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSuJ0YaJxgI[/youtubehq]

Well, it is memorable.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Ortho_Fan wrote:I was looking online for a good, memorable recording of "Happy Birthday," but found this instead.
Ortho_Fan,

That was definitely memorable. ;)

I have to say, though, that I think I preferred my mom and sister’s rendition of it when they called earlier this evening. :D

I think my mom was rather impressed when I told her that I had birthday wishes from people residing all over the world, and I mentioned that I’d have to make a CD for her of some of the music here, particularly the Bing that RJ posted—she’s completely clueless when it comes to a computer; I didn’t inherit my technical aptitude from her at all.

I really cannot thank all of you enough; I’ve greatly enjoyed the time that I have spent both posting and working on things for this board, and you’ve all done a great job of dragging me into the online phonograph community. I was fortunate enough to meet John through our mutual friend Stan (who posted earlier in this thread) nearly 5 years ago now, and I’ve enjoyed helping both of them with various projects (and be sure to check out Stan’s U.S. Coin Collectors forum, which we are migrating to phpBB from ProBoards, if you’re interested in coins). I’ve gotten to meet a lot of great people as a result of my friendships with both of them, and I really cannot praise either of them enough.

Thank you again, everyone!

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

David, Happy Brithday man! 8-)

Paul

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Happy birthday David, Shane was the early aussie I'm the late one, I was in my garage rubbing back my Triumph horn. Is it still the 23rd there?
Regards Marcel

richardh

Post by richardh »

Must have been a good night......7.25am and David has yet to surface :lol:

RJ 8-)

NashTwin8
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Learning and having fun!

Post by NashTwin8 »

Happy Birthday David! :clover:

Add me to the chorus singing your praises and thanks. I hope you've just begun the best year of your life.

I may be a little bit late, but better late than never!

Take care,

Jerry K

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

NashTwin8 wrote:Add me to the chorus singing your praises and thanks. I hope you've just begun the best year of your life.
Jerry,

Thank you (and everyone else who has responded, as well). You guys have been very generous in your praise, and maybe in return I’ll catch up on some of the features that I want to work on and replies to private messages that I owe certain members. ;)

I had a good evening yesterday—either spent time with or talked to friends and family, and followed it up with playing with a few other projects.
NashTwin8 wrote:I may be a little bit late, but better late than never!
I’m just as grateful of your response on the day after as I would have been on the 23rd. :D
saxymojo wrote:Shane was the early aussie I'm the late one, I was in my garage rubbing back my Triumph horn. Is it still the 23rd there?
Actually, you were about 5 hours late, but what’s 5 hours among friends? :D

How’s the horn looking?
richardh wrote:Must have been a good night......7.25am and David has yet to surface :lol:
...and 12 more hours to get around to writing a response to this thread—I’m really easily distracted today, unfortunately, and never much of a morning person. It’s a rare morning that I’m all that functional before 09:00. ;)

Thanks again, everyone.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.