phono lamp alert!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
antique1973
Victor IV
Personal Text: Victor Z, Victrola 4-3

Re: phono lamp alert!

Post by antique1973 »

phonogal wrote:Here's another one just listed on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/PHONOGRAPH-LAMP-BUR ... 2c5dd7a8aa
Thanks for the link phonogal. I noticed that one from the CL ad was on Ebay too but now I can't
seem to find it. Had a starting bid of $2K. The shade restoration is going pretty well on mine but
still a ways to go. I am going to use some "Rub and Buff" silver to bring it back to an original
appearance. If I should sell it later the new owner can always remove it and plate the base if
desired. I had a major laptop meltdown which really slowed down the projects the last couple days.
Finally got that solved so its time to move forward. Once the base is done I will post some pics
including the progress on the shade.

antique1973
Victor IV
Personal Text: Victor Z, Victrola 4-3

Post by antique1973 »

Almost there...
Attachments
07042011983.jpg
DSCF1310.JPG

mrphonograph
Victor I

Post by mrphonograph »

how is it now?

lampshades
Victor Jr

Re: phono lamp lampshades

Post by lampshades »

Hi,

My name is Vicki Woods and I own Enchanting Lampshades (enchantinglampshades.com).

I have been making and restoring lampshades for approximately 28 years. Recently, I was contacted about reproducing a frame and restoring the frame to a beautiful time period piece for one of these Burns Pollock Capital lamp/phonographs.

I have located someone that can reproduce the frame for these lamp/phonographs and I can reproduce the original style of the lampshade.

If anyone needs help with getting a frame or need their original frames restored, please feel free to contact me.

Vicki Woods
Enchanting Lampshades
9951 N. Baltimore Rd.
Monrovia, IN 46157
(317) 996-2188

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Just a heads up... the shade is an unusual design, including the part that surrounds the base, as seen in these original pics...
Attachments
s-l1600-74.jpg
s-l1600-75.jpg
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

Not to be critical... just my opinion. The base looked better in polished copper/brass, than spray painted silver... If you can't get it nickel plated (which I wouldn't do anyway) the bare metals look richer... silver paint looks cheap. Again, just my opinion, not a criticism...

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Post by phonogal »

Curt A wrote:Not to be critical... just my opinion. The base looked better in polished copper/brass, than spray painted silver... If you can't get it nickel plated (which I wouldn't do anyway) the bare metals look richer... silver paint looks cheap. Again, just my opinion, not a criticism...
Curt, This is an old thread. If I remember correctly, after this lamp was finished, the owner was contacted by that auction company featured on TV. Don't remember the name of the show, but think it was one of those short lived series about a family owned business. Anyway, I think it sold for about $600.00 plus or minus.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

Thanks for bringing me up to the present... I didn't pay attention to the date...

My Wife