solution for scratchy cylinders

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
bostonmike1
Victor I

solution for scratchy cylinders

Post by bostonmike1 »

hello my friends---------the answer is two rather large glasses of wine!the children are upstairs sound asleep and the work week is over. the house at last was "without sound" (and with the two angels i still have at home is a gift from above) and i am playing my favorite cylinders. right now at this moment, life could not be better. my girls are safe and sound and my cylinders, though not the best,NEVER SOUNDED THIS GOOD!!! is it just me, or do children and phonographs bring you this much pleasure? Zeppy, you and your wife will feel this peace one day(after her teeth come in) so my advice, right now, is to skip the wine and go straight to whiskey! Michael

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: solution for scratchy cylinders

Post by Valecnik »

Michael,

You are obviously a WISE man, having come to the same solution for scratchy cylinders as I had come to. Although the children must be asleep for it to work, they are an essential element to the solution. Seeing them serenely sleeping gets one in the right mood.

Two questions:
1) How old are yours? (children not cylinders)
2) What were some of the titles you listened to last night and on what type of machine :D

Valecnik
PS: instead of using a phonograph have you ever tried just holding the cylinder up to your ear like a seashell? After enough wine it works.

richardh

Re: solution for scratchy cylinders

Post by richardh »

Is it just me or is there also something "nice" about the smell of the insides of a BA? Or even the smell given off by warm tube machines. My wife things its most strange! :lol:

RJ 8-)