"some warping and water damage?"

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Zeppy
Victor III

"some warping and water damage?"

Post by Zeppy »

http://cgi.ebay.com/antique-edison-phon ... 240%3A1318
Antique phonograph comes with 25 records. When I bought the phonograph several years ago it was stored in a barn and suffered some warping and water damage around the bottom of the cabinet. The lower drawer needs to be repaired as well.

And perhaps some shrinking too?

I also love the oh so clever way the seller tries to obscure the fact that a good third of the cabinet has been cut off....I'm sure no one would notice....and a $600 opening bid???? What kind of crack is he smoking???

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: "some warping and water damage?"

Post by Valecnik »

Hey that's a beauty. He says, "The lower drawer needs some repair as well." It probably does need some repair but first it would hve to be found! :lol:

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

It looks like a commode that someone has kicked onto its side! :lol:

Victor78
Victor I

Post by Victor78 »

Wow! What a bargain! You think in the condition it is, it would be.... half off :D But I suppose you figure in the records, your gaining there. I wonder though, would you still get a full sound.... I think I need more sleep :o

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

I really cannot see this selling at $599.99, for pickup only, in South Dakota. Especially from a seller with no feedback, but who knows, I could be wrong. :D

Hopefully the records are in better shape—from the pictures some of those look a bit questionable, also.

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]
The listing for posterity:
eBay Item #260368529706

Antique Edison phonograph with 25 records

Antique Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph official laboratory model # C250. SN SM49821 pat. May 31, 1898 Nov 17, 1903 and Feb 4, 1908

Cabinet Weight: 85lbs
Records Weight: 25lbs

Antique phonograph comes with 25 records. When I bought the phonograph several years ago it was stored in a barn and suffered some warping and water damage around the bottom of the cabinet. The lower drawer needs to be repaired as well. I have not played records on it because it needs a replacement stylus. Turn table winds up and works well. Some records are chipped and scratched. Can ship cabinet and records by ups or the items can be picked up locally. Records have the following titles: In Dear Old Napoli/Shades of Night, Wisconsin Forward Forever March/Invincible American March, Battle of Nations Descriptive/ On, Wisconsin March, Sweet Forget Me Nots Waltz Caprice/Narcissus Country Dance, Where the river Shannon Flows/When Irish Eyes are Smiling/The Isle O Dreams Ball, Hindustan-Fox Trot, I Hate To Loose You Medley, Aloha Sunset Land/ When the Corn Is Waving, My Baby’s Arms Ziegfield Follies 1919/ Shimmee Town-Fox Trot, Its Always Orange Day in CA, Canary Cottage/ Ireland Must be Heaven For My Mother Came From There, The New Colonial March, American Eagle March, Freedom for All Forever/ There is a Long Long Trail, Medley of Irish Reels/Irish Washer Woman, Medley of Jigs, A Police com + scene/ Bill’s Visit to St .Peter, Ill take You Home Again Kathleen/ On The Banks of the Brandwein, I’m a Poor Married Man/ Everybody Loves A Jazz Band, Somewhere a Voice is Calling/A Perfect Day, The Dark Town Strutters Ball-Fox Trot/Li’l Liza Jane -one step, A Study In Mimery/ Farmland Medley, When I’m Gone You’ll soon Forget/ Ole Virginny Days, Poor Butterfly-Fox Trot/ The Missouri Waltz, Liardita Magnetic Waltz/ Sundown in Bird Land, Keep the Home Fires Burning/ Laddie in Khaki, It’s Nice to Get up in the morning/ When the Bonnie Bonnie Heather is Blooming, Put on Your Old Grey Bonnett/ Daises wont tell, Beautiful Ohio/ Alabama Lullaby, The Whistler and his Dog/ Simplicity Intermezzo, Roamin in the Gloamin/ The Wee Hoose- ‘Mang the Heather, Till we Meet Again/ Madelon

Image Image
Image Image

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Post by Brad »

Find the guy that won the right side of this auction lot and you got a full machine.
Attachments
Edison Chopindale
Edison Chopindale
chopindale.jpg (123.89 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?