Frankenphone alert

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
penman
Victor II

Frankenphone alert

Post by penman »

At least this one looks like it has some real parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-VICTOR- ... 720wt_1398

John Svensson
Victor I
Personal Text: VV-IXa

Re: Frankenphone alert

Post by John Svensson »

What gave it away...the 33 ⅓ LP on it? :lol: "I played and it sound real good...."

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

a photo might help, and would keep this thread possibly useful after the ebay link expires.

penman
Victor II

Post by penman »

I'm ashamed to say I can't figure out how to do that on my Mac. I have the photo as a web archive but can't seem to attach that.

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

That's a red label CBS era Columbia 78 on it.

What's the use of saving the pictures of these things unless we establish a library section for them? Isn't someone already doing this?

BTW: there are many Frankenphones out there which were created by well known contemporary dealers.

Jim

Andersun
Victor III

Post by Andersun »

penman wrote:I'm ashamed to say I can't figure out how to do that on my Mac. I have the photo as a web archive but can't seem to attach that.
Instructions for iMac:
When you are looking at the picture (or the whole listing) on ebay, press command shift 4 at the same time. Your cursor turns into a cross hair. With mouse, press the left button down and select the picture (or anything you want to capture) and you will get screen shot of picture. You will hear a noise like an old camera taking a picture. It will show up as a PNG file in the folder you preset it to go to. You can change the file extension to jpeg in finder just by clicking once on file and changing the extension name.

Attaching the saved picture to a message in the forum is easy. It's right below the message type in box called "upload attachment". Browse for picture and then click "Add the file". Submit and your good to go.

penman
Victor II

Post by penman »

Screen shot 2011-11-04 at 8.04.19 AM.jpg
Screen shot 2011-11-04 at 8.04.19 AM.jpg (73.61 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
Got it, thanks.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

thanks for posting the photo.

and regarding "the use of saving the pictures of these things"... often such threads generate discussions, which revolve around a machine in a craigslist or ebay listing, and when only a link, no photo, is provided, when the link dies, you're left with no visual to go along with the discussion (for future reference sake). and so far as a library, I'd consider this forum as a whole a decent database of the information we collectively gather and share. just because there's no special section as of yet of the sort you're suggesting doesn't mean there's no purpose in posting photos of machines people want to discuss.

1923VictorFan
Victor II
Personal Text: I'm not better than you, I'm just different from you in ways that are better..

Post by 1923VictorFan »

That's an excellent point Brianu! I've been guilty of leaving only a link as well.
It's not that I'm better than you. I'm just different from you in a way that's better. - Russel Brand