Featured Phonograph № 7

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Featured Phonograph № 7

Post by MordEth »

rvuill wrote:Is anybody reproducing them?
I’m not sure who is reproducing them, but another of our members (VictrolaGuy - Walt) is offering a pair of new reproduction knobs as eBay Item #110355336467. So you may wish to contact him for any knobs that you might be missing.

While I have not purchased anything from him, in my experience, he’s been very friendly and courteous, and he writes some of the best eBay descriptions that I have seen.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

VV-IVer

Post by VV-IVer »

hey guys and gals, i stumbled upon your forum while i was searching for more info about my VV-IV. Any information about my model (serial # 230808E) would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to sell this online for my father.

there are some pics on my photobucket page (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/ ... 020542.jpg)

Much thanks! and let me know if any of you would be interested in buying it... I think it's around $400?

nickray1982@yahoo.com

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

VV-IVer wrote:hey guys and gals, i stumbled upon your forum while i was searching for more info about my VV-IV. Any information about my model (serial # 230808E) would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to sell this online for my father.

there are some pics on my photobucket page (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/ ... 020542.jpg)

Much thanks! and let me know if any of you would be interested in buying it... I think it's around $400?

nickray1982@yahoo.com
This should tell you everything you want to know

http://www.victor-victrola.com/IV.htm

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

VV-IVer wrote:hey guys and gals, i stumbled upon your forum while i was searching for more info about my VV-IV. Any information about my model (serial # 230808E) would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to sell this online for my father.

nickray1982@yahoo.com
the tonearm and reproducer on your IV are incorrect, they're not victor parts but appear to be from a silvertone machine. that will definitely affect the value. and I'm not sure I follow... if you're trying to sell this machine, there's a section on this forum called yankee trader where it would be better to post your message. and you say "my" model, but so far as the price, you "think it's around $400"? either way, that price is about twice what a person could typically find such a machine for (and I mean a complete one with the correct parts). you can also check completed auctions on ebay and some dealers online.

VV-IVer

Post by VV-IVer »

Thanks for the help! :D Apologies for the misplaced post :?

1923VictorFan
Victor II
Personal Text: I'm not better than you, I'm just different from you in ways that are better..

Post by 1923VictorFan »

I realize the posts here are all years old but I still enjoyed seeing the lowly VV-IV receiving attention and praise.
I consider myself a collector but of very VERY limited funds. That means my one and only machine is a really nice VV-VI built in 1923. Since I can't collect machines for budgetary reasons I decided years ago to collect early Victor records instead. I did spend what I considered to be big bucks ($15 to $40) buying a really clean example of each of the pre-dog Victors as well as Berliner and Zon-o-Phone records.
What I enjoy most are the one-sided "Straight Line Victors" made from 1905 to 1908. I just turned 48 today but despite my "youth" I REALLY like listening to the century old records because they are truly a living pieces of history ...and cost VERY little to acquire.
Long live the unloved Victrola!
It's not that I'm better than you. I'm just different from you in a way that's better. - Russel Brand

pwargentina
Victor Jr

FROM ARGENTINA VICTROLA RESTAURATION MOD. VV IV SERIAL 706

Post by pwargentina »

HELLO EVERIBODY

IM ONLY WRITE IN SPANISH
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

REGARDS
Attachments
P1050504.jpg
P1050504.jpg (356.77 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
P1050489.jpg