(Happy Birthday) Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Norman!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: (Happy Birthday) Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Norman!

Post by MordEth »

schweg wrote:Gratulerer med dagen!! 5 years in Norway, and I just about covered all I know...
I have to admit that I cheated and used Google’s language tools, then translated it back and did a search on the translation, just to make sure that I wasn’t wishing Norman something other than intended. :D

...but I think he’s well aware of how I maul the German language with my extremely limited knowledge of it.
Lenoirstreetguy wrote:Do they actually even sing it in France?
I believe that they might, but I could be wrong. When I took French in high school, we learned how to sing it in French, but I have forgotten much of the French that I knew.

Is it sung in French in Canada?

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Wee, just got back on the board today. Thank you, friends, that is very kind of you all! I also got two nice german cylinders, an Echo and an Electra one with interesting comic selections. What a great cylindrical day! :clover:

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

MordEth wrote:
schweg wrote:Gratulerer med dagen!!
Lenoirstreetguy wrote:Do they actually even sing it in France?
I believe that they might, but I could be wrong. When I took French in high school, we learned how to sing it in French, but I have forgotten much of the French that I knew.

Is it sung in French in Canada?

— MordEth

Well there is that " Bonne fete a toi ..." version of Happy B'day. But in Quebec they usually sing the birthday version of" Gens du pays" ( Mon cher ami c'est a ton tour etc etc)

richardh

Post by richardh »

:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORMAN :D

Hope you have had a great day, and a particular thank you for your many kindneses over the past year RJ 8-)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

!HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORMAN!

All of us are glad your here.I think we all have at least one nice thing to say about you...
For me i can say many but mostly i can say you were my first international friend and you had introduced me to another great friend in the hobby...You know who i mean and i just talked to him a few minutes ago...

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!,
Aaron

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

Happy Birthday Norman! :mrgreen:

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Thanks, I really had my day. :)