Asian art phono in the wild

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

Asian art phono in the wild

Post by phonophan79 »

In Vegas to be exact...

Not sure if its a sign of the times but a craigslist asking price of $325 seems good for an Asian art phono. Esp if you get get him down on the price. :-)

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/clt/1063417746.html

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Asian art phono in the wild

Post by MordEth »

Nice find—I’ve always found the Asian art cabinets to be interesting visually...unfortunately, Craigslist has very small photos.

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]

Chinese motif Victrola - $325 (Summerlin)

Reply to: sale-n4sd2-1063417746@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-03-06, 1:17PM PST

Antique Victrola in a Chinese motif hand painted wood cabinet. This is a hand crank working Victrola.

Image Image

• It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.
Craiglist PostingID: 1063417746
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Hard to tell by the photos, but it looks like an after market paint job. It doesn't look like the interior matches the exterior. Also hard to tell if it was the work of a home hobbiest, or an after market company that specialized (could mean quite a difference in the quality of work, and could be reflected in the price).

Interesting nonetheless (although I've never been a fan of those specialty finishes...give mea a nice stain and finish anyday over those fancy paintings)

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Zeppy wrote:Hard to tell by the photos, but it looks like an after market paint job.
I sent the seller an e-mail to ask if they had any larger photos, so maybe we’ll get to see it better if they get back to me.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

solophoneman
Victor II

Post by solophoneman »

It appears to be a victrola style rather than a Victor. The Top looks like a Victor 210, but the legs are all wrong for the 210 as are the doors and the hardware. It would be interesting to email the seller and ask what brand and model it is. An interesting item and probably a great deal even for an off brand phonograph.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

solophoneman wrote:It would be interesting to email the seller and ask what brand and model it is. An interesting item and probably a great deal even for an off brand phonograph.
I was thinking that it might be possible to tell from larger photographs, but I have still not heard anything back from the seller—I’ll post the images and any information that I get from them, assuming they respond to me. :D

— MordEth