Tragic for Multiple Reasons

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Zeppy
Victor III

Tragic for Multiple Reasons

Post by Zeppy »

Besides being a crappophone...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0376465988

Phonograph/ Gramophone in good working order. wind it up and place the needle down and listen. Comes with 10 Artist Tone metal needles although have never had to replace needle that machine was bought with. Glass side windows and one pull out door. Machines cabinet is in good structural condition although cosmetics of wood do show wear from age. Brass horn structurally sound but does show some age marks. Happy bidding and hope photos are helpful. Paypal only please.

richardh

Re: Tragic for Multiple Reasons

Post by richardh »

O.M.G! :lol:

Where do you start commenting - should it be on the machine itself or on the comments of the owner. Both are breathtaking...but for all the wrong reasons!

Wonder if they will sell it!

RJ 8-)

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

It shows some age marks because he threw several million+year-old rocks at it and they left marks.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Surely eBay Item #220376465988 is worth $150 for the 10 magical needles alone? Where else can you get not only a phonograph but also needles that never need replacing for such a price—forget the Everplay that Richard has been testing—you need never spool out more wire again! :lol:

I assume this is a crapophone, since it does not have a model (¹)?

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]
eBay Item #220376465988

Antique Phonograph, Brass Horn, 10 needles

Brand: The Gramophone Company
Type: His Master’s Voice¹

Phonograph/ Gramophone in good working order. Wind it up and place the needle down and listen. Comes with 10 Artist Tone metal needles although have never had to replace needle that machine was bought with. Glass side windows and one pull out door. Machines cabinet is in good structural condition although cosmetics of wood do show wear from age. Brass horn structurally sound but does show some age marks. Happy bidding and hope photos are helpful. Paypal only please.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Post by Brad »

Crapaphone meets victorian foot stool. Plays both 10" and foot
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

Crapophone is such an appropriate name. It stinks! :x
Best regards ... AZ*

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

I assume the seller MUST KNOW this is a fake or do you think he could honestly believe he's got something from the beginning of the 20th century? It's unbelievable to me the way he describes in the same way I might decribe a REAL period machine, calling attention to defects I am aware of etcetera.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Perhaps they did a search on other machines and are merely parroting other descriptions that they thought to be well-written and informative?

I’m still impressed with the magical never-needed-to-be-replaced needles. :lol:

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

bbphonoguy
Victor III

Post by bbphonoguy »

Valecnik wrote:I assume the seller MUST KNOW this is a fake or do you think he could honestly believe he's got something from the beginning of the 20th century? It's unbelievable to me the way he describes in the same way I might decribe a REAL period machine, calling attention to defects I am aware of etcetera.
I truly believe the seller must be ignorant of what a fake this is. I'm assuming it's a 20-something who just doesn't have a clue. If he (or she) did have any idea what they had, they would be selling the wonderful never-need-to-be-replaced needles for $150 without the machine!