a tad expensive?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Henry
Victor V

Re: a tad expensive?

Post by Henry »

Actually, Rocky takes the streetcar to work. Spats would be quite appropriate for these cars!
Moooperator wrote:Rocky, you do need to go clothes shopping though - spats are okay at the victrola party but not on the bus to work! :lol:

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

estott wrote:Sean- did you buy the HMV tester that was just on Ebay? I was looking at that myself. Those don't turn up often.
Yes, a last minute "impulse" buy you might say!

Sean

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

OrthoSean wrote:
estott wrote:Sean- did you buy the HMV tester that was just on Ebay? I was looking at that myself. Those don't turn up often.
Yes, a last minute "impulse" buy you might say!

Sean
Was everyone bidding on that? I bid, but not too much...I already have one, but the box and some of the gold decals are less than perfect. I seem to recall the on you picked up was in fairly good condition?

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

It looked nice from the pictures...real nice. I'll let you know when I get it. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

These things seem to have gone UP in price over the last couple of years. I can remember seeing them in the $50-60 range a few times and thinking that was too much.

Sean
Attachments
Speed tester
Speed tester

richardh

Post by richardh »

Nice tester Sean. I got one a little while ago....they always seem to go for high prices..but I thought what the heck and splashed out anyway. Here is a link to the pictures of the one I bought...one nice surprise with mine was the card insert that holds the gold disk in place during transit. Having the instructions is a bonus too.

RJ's speed tester Pictures :)

Now all you need is the HMV record duster to go with it :D

RJ 8-)