Where is John?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

Where is John?

Post by phonophan79 »

Where is our fearless leader Neophone? I've always enjoyed reading his posts and it seems like he's vanished from the board?

Is everything OK?

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Where is John?

Post by MordEth »

I talked to him earlier today and he sounded exhausted, but he’s doing well. Apparently he has more plans for improving and adding to this board that we were going to discuss later tonight. He actually posted not all that long ago (and apparently caught up on all of his private messages) a few days ago. He actually posted about the South Boston Gramophone Exchange on the 6th, and his last sign-in (shown on his profile) was last night (when I checked earlier).

Hopefully we’ll see more posts out of him soon—I know he had some stuff that he’d wanted to share with the board, particularly more contributions to the phonographs in movies thread.

I thought that I’d mentioned that I was hanging around John and Blackdiamond, in Blackdiamond’s apartment (upstairs, on the floor above mine) when cutting out these images, but I see that I didn’t make any observations on that. You know you’re addicted to Photoshop when you work on images while chatting with friends. :D

Although, in my defense, we share a network, and my wireless covers his apartment, also. :ugeek:

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

...and after talking to Blackdiamond, I hear that he dragged John away from the computer all day, Sunday—they were downtown for the better part of the day and caught a movie.

Rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated. ;)

So I’m sure that he and his usual prolific posting will return soon.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Phonophan79,

I'm still alive and kickin' yes I have been out of circulation for while and I'm very grateful to David for keeping to ball rolling for me. I'm also very grateful for the to you and others for keeping me in mind! Thank you all.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

B.B.B
Victor I

Post by B.B.B »

Another two months have passed.
Dear John is still MIA. I miss him.

It still works out great. Much thanks to Mordeth & others contributing with their knowledge.

But it is kind of quite here & almost dead at the Other Board(s)
Seems like the phono-community lost a whole lot of momentum when the **** hit the fan,
when the Victrola-Board-Gate took place

Or maybe it hasn't anything to do with that.
Worldwide economic depression & pandemic flu is upon us, who's got time for Talking Machines then..

Anyway, Neo is certainly missed.
Searching for The Sound

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

Unfortunately I agree on both fronts...

1) John is missed.

2) (DISCLAIMER: I enjoy this board, the people, the conversation... but) It seems like there is much much less posting in general than compared to the "OTVMMB" days. At that time there would always be a constant flow of new posts and topics... but now sometimes I can go an entire day and come back to see maybe 2-3 posts.

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

While we may not be setting any records with regard to the number of daily posts, we're not doing all that bad either. We've started almost 1,000 threads involving just under 8,000 posts in the four months that we've been in existence.

:squirrel:

Rocky

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

EdisonSquirrel wrote:While we may not be setting any records with regard to the number of daily posts, we're not doing all that bad either. We've started almost 1,000 threads involving just under 8,000 posts in the four months that we've been in existence.

:squirrel:

Rocky
And without succumbing to multiple personality disorder at that!

John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

It looks as though several new boards have sprung up in the aftermath of OTVMMB-Gate, with the result that there's less concentrated energy (from regulars) around a single board. But I agree that this place don't do too bad in only four months operation.

What I find puzzling is the lack of new members, it seems like months ago you would regularly see new posters jumping on, and now, not many.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Well I think in the 4 months since this board came into being things have progressed amazingly well and with so many posts this site has had alot of traffic and does have a steadily increasing number of members. We may not have the multiple number of members that other boards have had in the past but there is a tremendous amount of knowlege held between all of us. Some has already made it into the thread on this board and I hope that much more will work its way out.

Yes IMHO I think that all the phono boards are quieter than they used to be but I think there seems to bee a nautural ebb and flow of posts. I am sure it will pick up and build naturally over time (we are only 4 months old! :D ) Its up to us to make this an interesting and vibrant place and with Davids (enormous and unsung) amount of help we have a great home which looks and works really really well. Just think back to how clunky some of the old boards really were and what a great step foward this new one has actually been.

Myself, I have gone through periods of being quiet...at the moment I am pre-occupied with house stuff particularly now that nice weather has now arrived...but even so I usually check this board twice a day and contribute and ask questions where I can. Occasionally I am even able to answer someone elses questions!

And John, if your reading this I hope your doing well. Anyway enough of my ramblings!

RJ 8-)