Georgia Melodians, True Tone Diaphragm.

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
larryh
Victor IV

Georgia Melodians, True Tone Diaphragm.

Post by larryh »

I have had to call Apple everyday but I am getting these videos out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4GDp3Ibopw Acoustic Georgia Melodians, Why did you do it.

In working with these videos I am finding that something I used to think not a good idea does make and improvement in the sound. I noted with the lid down on my phonograph that the sound lacked a bit of the largeness that it had with the lid open. Edisons don't seem to produce much objectionable sound from the reproducer unless the record is poor an then it will create a sort of raspy sound from the grooves.

Larry

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Re: Georgia Melodians, True Tone Diaphragm.

Post by Lucius1958 »

larryh wrote:I have had to call Apple everyday but I am getting these videos out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4GDp3Ibopw Acoustic Georgia Melodians, Why did you do it.

In working with these videos I am finding that something I used to think not a good idea does make and improvement in the sound. I noted with the lid down on my phonograph that the sound lacked a bit of the largeness that it had with the lid open. Edisons don't seem to produce much objectionable sound from the reproducer unless the record is poor an then it will create a sort of raspy sound from the grooves.

Larry
It's true: closing the lid may cut down on some of the surface noise; but it also tends to remove some of the high frequency response that DDs capture so beautifully.

Bill

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

After watching that great video and great recording, I was wondering if you had any Pookas in the house?

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

Hi Marc,

Not quite sure if your saying Polkas or something else?

Larry

VintageTechnologies
Victor IV

Post by VintageTechnologies »

larryh wrote:Hi Marc,

Not quite sure if your saying Polkas or something else?

Larry
Something else! The Irish word refers to a mythical creature. To see pictures of a Pooka, click here--> http://riseoftheguardians.wikia.com/wiki/Pooka

Edisone
Victor IV

Post by Edisone »

Or to not see the Pooka but see a whole movie featuring him, see "HARVEY", 1950, starring Jimmy Stewart!
Attachments
JS Harvey.jpg
JS Harvey.jpg (69.86 KiB) Viewed 974 times