Has anyone dealt with Edisonia Cylinder Co. lately?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Has anyone dealt with Edisonia Cylinder Co. lately?

Post by marcapra »

I want to order some Edisonia repro cylinders, but don't know if that company is currently active. Their website is up and running and I emailed a message to them, but haven't heard back yet. He has some great cylinders though, and high quality. Here is a link to their website:

http://edisonia.com/Zen2/index.php?main ... 0usk84jan2

marco
Victor II

Re: Has anyone dealt with Edisonia Cylinder Co. lately?

Post by marco »

marcapra wrote:I want to order some Edisonia repro cylinders, but don't know if that company is currently active. Their website is up and running and I emailed a message to them, but haven't heard back yet. He has some great cylinders though, and high quality. Here is a link to their website:

http://edisonia.com/Zen2/index.php?main ... 0usk84jan2
Actually I just got and responded to a couple of e-mails from Rob yesterday after a long silence about a large order l asked about months ago. He temporarily shut down operations because he was so backlogged with orders, cylinder production and business in general. Right now he is entertaining a visit from Norman Bruderhofer--our favorite cylinder guy from Germany who flew in for the Wayne show and is visiting his friends in the US before returning to Germany. Rob told me that he will probably start up again at the end of this month or early next month. I would try to contact him again the beginning of November. Hope this helps! Mark

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Thanks Mark. I hope he does start up again because he has some cylinders I would like, such as Railroad Blues by Harry Raderman's Jazz Band and That's What the Animals Do! by Jones and Hare.

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

marcapra wrote:Thanks Mark. I hope he does start up again because he has some cylinders I would like, such as Railroad Blues by Harry Raderman's Jazz Band and That's What the Animals Do! by Jones and Hare.
I want the second of your choices also along with about 20 more cylinders. Rob guaranteed me that "Rest assured I have no intention of "closing up shop" permanently!"

He even mentioned something about considering new issues which may happen since he is the most prolific of the 3 repro cylinder makers that I know. Mark

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

He told me mid-October was when more would be released. Might better email him and get some cylinders coming, folks...

I still want "Roll 'em Girls"

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:He told me mid-October was when more would be released. Might better email him and get some cylinders coming, folks...

I still want "Roll 'em Girls"
I don't want to keep speaking for Ron; but he is really still bogged down and will be concentrating on his visit with Norman Bruderhofer for the rest of the week. I am willing to wait on him. If you have already emailed him once I would be patient rather than bog him down with duplicate messages. My 2 cents is used up. Thanks! Mark

Chinacat
Victor Jr

Post by Chinacat »

I ordered a bunch of cylinders from him a month ago. He emailed me the next day saying they will ship but it would take a month or more. He's still in business, just very busy as others have stated.

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

Chinacat wrote:I ordered a bunch of cylinders from him a month ago. He emailed me the next day saying they will ship but it would take a month or more. He's still in business, just very busy as others have stated.
AMEN! Thanks for supporting my statements. I made an error in my last post. The owner of Edisonia is Rob not Ron. I am sure that we will all get our records if we are patient. If anyone wants a copy of the most recent e-mail to me PM or e-mail me for a copy of it.Mark Roberts

BusyBeeCylinder
Victor I

Post by BusyBeeCylinder »

A quick note just to confirm that we are still in business.

Most (not all) of the outstanding orders have now been filled. If you have placed an order with us and you have not either received your order or have had a tracking number emailed to you this week please PM or email me at rob@edisonshop.com and I will give you a status.

I apologize for the lengthy delays that have occurred for some of our customers. Edisonia is a "side business", and my day job & family priorities have left me less time to devote to record production this year than in previous years. Maintaining a catalog of 60+ (soon to be 80+) titles has also proven to be quite challanging.

We have 20 "new selections" in stock that are not currently on our website, but do not plan to advertise them, add to our website or take orders for until ALL current outstanding orders have been shipped.

As always, I thank everyone for their patience & support.

-Rob
Edisonia Records & Reproducers
www.edisonia.com