Replacement Sleeves For Record Albums

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Henry
Victor V

Re: Replacement Sleeves For Record Albums

Post by Henry »

FloridaClay wrote:Bags Unlimited does have post-binder albums, but looks like only for 10" records and only holding 5 records and $28 each. That could get expensive in a hurry. Not clear to me from their site whether they have post extensions and extra sleeves to insert to make them hold more.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-2806-78 ... inder.aspx

I don't see any albums on Sleeve City's site.

Clay
I recently bought two-part (male-female) screw post extensions at my local hardware store (as opposed to a "big box" store). They come in different lengths; don't know offhand whether any are long enough for album use. I would guess you'd need some at least one inch and more, depending on album capacity. Look in the small parts drawers of your friendly, locally-owned, well-stocked hardware store for these; my store had them in a variety of lengths. You may also find them in office supply stores, as these posts are used in binders for reports, presentations, etc.

P.S. I used these posts (3/16" length) instead of rivets as fasteners when I altered (shortened) some leather belts at the buckle end. My weight-loss diet finally kicked in!

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

Henry wrote:
FloridaClay wrote:Bags Unlimited does have post-binder albums, but looks like only for 10" records and only holding 5 records and $28 each. That could get expensive in a hurry. Not clear to me from their site whether they have post extensions and extra sleeves to insert to make them hold more.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-2806-78 ... inder.aspx

I don't see any albums on Sleeve City's site.

Clay
I recently bought two-part (male-female) screw post extensions at my local hardware store (as opposed to a "big box" store). They come in different lengths; don't know offhand whether any are long enough for album use. I would guess you'd need some at least one inch and more, depending on album capacity. Look in the small parts drawers of your friendly, locally-owned, well-stocked hardware store for these; my store had them in a variety of lengths. You may also find them in office supply stores, as these posts are used in binders for reports, presentations, etc.

P.S. I used these posts (3/16" length) instead of rivets as fasteners when I altered (shortened) some leather belts at the buckle end. My weight-loss diet finally kicked in!
Congrats on the weight loss. Alas, I have found some. :?

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

Clay[/quote]Congrats on the weight loss. Alas, I have found some. :? Clay[/quote]

It was easy. I gave up beer. No kidding, that's my "secret" method. And with no beer, out goes the snacking (the chips, the pretzels, the cheese, the ring baloney---actually, I never eat ring baloney, but I thought I'd give it some regional flavor here).

Returning to the binding post topic, I was at Albright's Hardware today for more of them, and took notice of the wide variety of lengths, up to and including 3 inches! They seem to be available in increments of ¼" to ½" or so. Plenty of choice for record albums of varying thickness.