Hooray For The Irish

Post by Discman »

Edison 51707 L, by Johnny Marvin
Recorded from the A250:

Hooray For The Irish

Dave

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Hooray For The Irish

Post by MordEth »

Dave,

Thanks for sharing this—I can’t say that I’d heard it before.

I wonder what kind of reaction it would have gotten as part of Neophone’s post-parade playlist; he was making friends after the Saint Patrick’s Day parade in South Boston by playing Irish records on his Deutsche-Grammophon portable.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Viva-Tonal
Victor II

Post by Viva-Tonal »

I'll have to dig out and dub my copy of Victor 5149--'My wild Irish rose' as sung by the Haydn Quartet. Terrific a cappella singing.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Viva-Tonal wrote:I'll have to dig out and dub my copy of Victor 5149--'My wild Irish rose' as sung by the Haydn Quartet. Terrific a cappella singing.
Please do. I can’t say that I’ve heard their version, and it’s a lovely song. John and I recorded Walter Van Brunt’s version of it (Oxford cylinder #3202) on his Amberola 50 nearly a year and a half ago:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ZE8GJFlQ0[/youtube]
One of these days we really need to get around to filming more of these. :D

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.