Crazy over you - Jack Payne & the BBC Dance Orchestra

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
richardh

Crazy over you - Jack Payne & the BBC Dance Orchestra

Post by richardh »

Jack Payne here conducts the BBC Dance Orchestra playing "Crazy over you" from about 1930. As you will hear this is a well played copy but since I bought this in 1985 I have never been able to find another copy of it.

JACK PAYNE & BBC DANCE ORCHESTRA - CRAZY OVER YOU

RJ 8-)
Last edited by richardh on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: Crazy over you - Jack Payne & the BBC Dance Orchestra

Post by gramophoneshane »

Richard,

Will Young never did vocals With Payne did he?
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Good song though...I still enjoyed it.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Shane,

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I've now corrected the link! And your right, Will Young never did sing with the BBC DO! Would have been an intersting combo though don't you think :lol:

RJ 8-)

FredSugarHall_fan
Victor Jr
Personal Text: An enthusiastic collector of dance band 78rpm records from the 1920s and 1930s. I love Fred Hall!

Post by FredSugarHall_fan »

richardh wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:46 pm Jack Payne here conducts the BBC Dance Orchestra playing "Crazy over you" from about 1930. As you will hear this is a well played copy but since I bought this in 1985 I have never been able to find another copy of it.

JACK PAYNE & BBC DANCE ORCHESTRA - CRAZY OVER YOU

RJ 8-)
Forgive me for reviving a nearly 15 year old forum topic, but I was doing some research and I can across this thread by accident. I am trying to make a complete discography for Jack Payne's entire recording output, and I haven't been able to find any useful online sources that would cover the pre-CB Columbia catalog. Richardh, I don't know if you are still a user on this forum, but if you are (or if there is anyone else who might have useful information on the subject matter), I would like to know what song is on the B-side of this record of you can provide that information. Furthermore, if anyone here knows of any resources that might be useful in accomplishing the task I have set out to complete, I would much appreciate that. It's a long term project which I don't anticipate to complete anytime soon, but I would love to make some progress with this one.

By the way, it might be implied already but I absolutely enjoy this recording of "Crazy Over You". Payne is an entertaining and surprisingly versatile vocalist on his music, and the instrumental quality of his BBC records never fails to amaze me.

An Balores
Victor I

Post by An Balores »

I'm Crazy Over You was recorded in London on February 6th 1929 and was issued on Columbia 5287. The other side was Then Came the Dawn, recorded at the same date.
This information is from Brian Rust's British Dance Bands on Record 1911 - 1945. If you can find a copy it will give all the information you need on Payne's recording output.

FredSugarHall_fan
Victor Jr
Personal Text: An enthusiastic collector of dance band 78rpm records from the 1920s and 1930s. I love Fred Hall!

Post by FredSugarHall_fan »

An Balores wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:05 am I'm Crazy Over You was recorded in London on February 6th 1929 and was issued on Columbia 5287. The other side was Then Came the Dawn, recorded at the same date.
This information is from Brian Rust's British Dance Bands on Record 1911 - 1945. If you can find a copy it will give all the information you need on Payne's recording output.
Thank you so much for that information!