'Rudy Marlow and his orchestra' on Diva 3137-G (1930).

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Viva-Tonal
Victor II

'Rudy Marlow and his orchestra' on Diva 3137-G (1930).

Post by Viva-Tonal »

'Rudy Marlow' was a pseudonym used by Columbia on a number of their 1925-1932 era chain store labels (Diva, Harmony, Velvet-Tone, Clarion) for numerous ensembles led by such as Ben Selvin, Fred Rich, and (on one side of this disc) Ted Wallace and his Campus Boys.

Matrix numbers were often changed from their actual numbers, for release on these labels.

'Get happy' is the side here that is attributed to Ted Wallace and his Campus Boys, who recorded under that name for Columbia.

Recorded 19th February 1930; matrix number shown is 100366-1 (no W prefix, though this is an electrical recording). The 78discography.com listing indicates this was likely renumbered from W.149999-1.

'Let me sing--and I'm happy' is attributed to Fred Rich and his orchestra. This side has lots of solos; I don't know who the personnel are but I understand the clarinet solos are by Jimmy Dorsey.

Recorded 3 March 1930; matrix number shown is 100378-1 (again, no W though electric). The 78discography.com listing indicates this was likely renumbered from W.150055-1.

Click on the titles to hear them!