Broken Record and No Refund-- eBay seller mark 416

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Rastus10
Victor I

Broken Record and No Refund-- eBay seller mark 416

Post by Rastus10 »

I seem to recall reading requests for eBay sellers who ship records carelessly and hassle the buyer.

Alright. Beware "mark416"

I bought a Domino record of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" sung by Charles Harrison from him several months back, and it arrived packed between two pieces of carboard, not taped, and with nothing else in the box.

Broken, of course. I contacted him, and he promised me a refund "immediately." He did ask that I take a picture to show USPS on his end. I did so, and heard nothing from him. He gave me a phone number, and I called and left a message. Of course, nothing. I wrote again, and he said that he was still waiting to hear from USPS. eBay could do nothing for me.

The time for resolution, or whatever it's called, has passed.

I'm not one to use the scarlet letter, but I've been buying records on eBay from 15 years, and this was the second-worst packing I'd ever seen, and the worst service ever, period. How he has a 99% rating is beyond me.

-Jon

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Re: Broken Record and No Refund-- eBay seller mark 416

Post by Phonofreak »

Thanks for the warning. I hope you gave him negative feedback.
Harvey Kravitz

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Some of the windows for filing claims with ebay are pretty small. I'd suggest working with the seller for a few days, but if you don't get satisfaction within that time, file a claim with eBay's money back guarantee process. This applies even if the seller doesn't allow returns. You can always withdraw the claim if the seller cooperates.

Rastus10
Victor I

Post by Rastus10 »

I forgot to add that he blamed USPS, and refused to acknowledge my experienced opinion that an unsecured phonograph record without other packing would be quite liable to breakage.

I have no qualms about red-flagging him: I messaged, and called. Nothing more I can do, and no excuses for him.

Torjazzer
Victor II

Post by Torjazzer »

Bravo and thanks for the heads-up.