HEPPE-EDISON cylinder phonograph record box

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
ehs004
Victor III

HEPPE-EDISON cylinder phonograph record box

Post by ehs004 »

I have A Heppe-Edison cylinder box that has the label pasted over early Columbia label can anyone tell me the history of this piece? Any idea of value? Thanks Eric ehs004@gmail.com
Attachments
100_2509.JPG
100_2508.JPG
100_2506.JPG
100_2507.JPG

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Re: HEPPE-EDISON cylinder phonograph record box

Post by Roaring20s »

That is an interesting Dealer Label. A complete rebranding.
Here are two images of there Phonograph Department.
Heppe.jpg
Heppe.1.jpg
James.

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

Thanks James for the photos of the record shop! Still looking for more information. Thanks Eric

VintageTechnologies
Victor IV

Post by VintageTechnologies »

ehs004 wrote:Thanks James for the photos of the record shop! Still looking for more information. Thanks Eric
What other information are you seeking? The carton is an older style that corresponds with brown wax cylinders generally predating 1902. There might be a few collectors interested to bid $20-30 on eBay, but there is only one way to find out....

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

VintageTechnologies wrote:
ehs004 wrote:Thanks James for the photos of the record shop! Still looking for more information. Thanks Eric
What other information are you seeking? The carton is an older style that corresponds with brown wax cylinders generally predating 1902. There might be a few collectors interested to bid $20-30 on eBay, but there is only one way to find out....

How long were they in business ,where were there stores and how were they related to Edison? Why is this label pasted over a early Columbia label? Did Heppe-Edison dealers do this on all the records they sold ,if so why in 25 years of collecting records have i never seen one for sale and i have seen thousands of Edison and Columbia ect. records for sale? I saw a Peter Bacigalupi box empty no lid or record go for over $500.00 on E Bay is this in that category? Thanks !!

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

ehs004 wrote:

How long were they in business ,where were there stores and how were they related to Edison? Why is this label pasted over a early Columbia label? Did Heppe-Edison dealers do this on all the records they sold ,if so why in 25 years of collecting records have i never seen one for sale and i have seen thousands of Edison and Columbia ect. records for sale? I saw a Peter Bacigalupi box empty no lid or record go for over $500.00 on E Bay is this in that category? Thanks !!
ehs004 wrote:

ehs004 wrote:

Any more information would be helpful! Thanks