Noche Serena / Emilio De Gogorza

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Wolfe
Victor V

Noche Serena / Emilio De Gogorza

Post by Wolfe »

A very in demand Victor recording artist and concert recitalist. American born De Gogorza also served as a talent scout for Victor, which he had worked for practically since inception, was married to soprano Emma Eames, and had other accomplishments.

He made many, many records. This fairly simple song was recorded in 1914 and demonstrates his engaging qualities well.

PLAY

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Noche Serena / Emilio De Gogorza

Post by MordEth »

Wolfe,

Thanks for sharing this. It’s interesting to hear another song by De Gogorza, although I definitely prefer his rendition of ‘La Paloma’ (also on a Victor Red Seal):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS5neo7neNI[/youtube]
I’d actually thought that you’d posted a transfer of it (previously), but apparently I was mistaken—the search feature proved me wrong.

By the way—would anyone happen to have the lyrics? I made an attempt to search for them, but to no avail—the lyrics I found were to different songs of the same title.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

Juanita was his big tune, many of copies of that can be found around.

I can't play the video above, I think it's my firewall that's blocking YouTube, I'll get it worked out in the near future.
Last edited by Wolfe on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

Very impressive performance!

:squirrel:

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

EdisonSquirrel wrote:Very impressive performance!

:squirrel:
Glad you liked it.