The Worst Edison Record Ever

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
FloridaClay
Victor VI

Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever

Post by FloridaClay »

phonojim wrote:As to Will Oakland, his "Only A Pansy Blossom" had to have been at least some of the inspiration for Tiny Tim. Can't see Oakland with the ukelele, though.

Jim
I just listened to it online. Oh my! :o

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

tinovanderzwan
Victor II

Post by tinovanderzwan »

what about the dd longplay's

come and buy our collection of music you never want to hear! we especialy made sellections of 20 and 40 min of the most boring music known to man!
as a special bonus we will ad to this, a machine to play them it is garantied not to be able to fit in your living room and what's more this herniaphone wil be a absulute pain in the back for anyone trying to move it!

get it now! and your ears will be bleeding for the next four generations!

1 it will scare the neighbours
2 it wil completly ruin your already meager musical tast
3 your living room will be full forever!..ever.ever..ever
4 you will flee the house on those long cold wintery evenings!
5 forget about getting a wife.. you have a edison long play!

no batteries mentioned
Attachments
edison2clongplay1or6.jpg
edison2clongplay1or6.jpg (130.82 KiB) Viewed 2634 times

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

OK, I'm sold. Where are you located? I just bought a 24 min. and a 40 min. LP Edison DDs. I'm an eccentric in that I collect Boring music. Marc.

tinovanderzwan
Victor II

Post by tinovanderzwan »

marcapra wrote:OK, I'm sold. Where are you located? I just bought a 24 min. and a 40 min. LP Edison DDs. I'm an eccentric in that I collect Boring music. Marc.
ah! a customer well for you sir we will give a aditional bonus a volume controll it won't stop your ears from bleeding but.. it will make us money!

normaly we will kill everybody for 1 dollar, ah!,.. but your our friend!,.. we will kill you for nothing!!!(sorry wrong add?!!)

(afcourse you knew this was all a joke to show how awful the dd lp's are i don't own this machine but i do have dd lp's)

edisonphonoworks
Victor IV
Personal Text: A new blank with authentic formula and spiral core!

Post by edisonphonoworks »

Now the LP DD is what I think we really need new records of, made of interesting music.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

*bump*

The worst Edison record I’ve came across so far IMO is “Granny” By Marion Evelyn Cox. Just plan Yuck!

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

tinovanderzwan wrote:
marcapra wrote:OK, I'm sold. Where are you located? I just bought a 24 min. and a 40 min. LP Edison DDs. I'm an eccentric in that I collect Boring music. Marc.
ah! a customer well for you sir we will give a aditional bonus a volume controll it won't stop your ears from bleeding but.. it will make us money!

normaly we will kill everybody for 1 dollar, ah!,.. but your our friend!,.. we will kill you for nothing!!!(sorry wrong add?!!)

(afcourse you knew this was all a joke to show how awful the dd lp's are i don't own this machine but i do have dd lp's)
PM SENT thanks! Mark

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

My vote goes to the Ponce Sisters. Pick your recording. Pure agony. I picked this one at random.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vld6uJMoG0I
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

audiophile102 wrote:My vote goes to the Ponce Sisters. Pick your recording. Pure agony. I picked this one at random.

I listened to the whole thing and I have to say I didn't find it that bad. It wasn't good either though. I would not pay for it, but I would take it in a lot of records.

-Travis

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

travisgreyfox wrote:
audiophile102 wrote:My vote goes to the Ponce Sisters. Pick your recording. Pure agony. I picked this one at random.

I listened to the whole thing and I have to say I didn't find it that bad. It wasn't good either though. I would not pay for it, but I would take it in a lot of records.

-Travis
Yes, but would you play it? I have one of their records I would gladly give away.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."