The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:10 pm 
Offline
Victor VI
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:14 pm
Posts: 3704
Location: Merritt Island, FL
phonojim wrote:
As to Will Oakland, his "Only A Pansy Blossom" had to have been at least some of the inspiration for Tiny Tim. Can't see Oakland with the ukelele, though.

Jim


I just listened to it online. Oh my! :o

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:02 pm 
Offline
Victor II
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:59 pm
Posts: 345
what about the dd longplay's

come and buy our collection of music you never want to hear! we especialy made sellections of 20 and 40 min of the most boring music known to man!
as a special bonus we will ad to this, a machine to play them it is garantied not to be able to fit in your living room and what's more this herniaphone wil be a absulute pain in the back for anyone trying to move it!

get it now! and your ears will be bleeding for the next four generations!

1 it will scare the neighbours
2 it wil completly ruin your already meager musical tast
3 your living room will be full forever!..ever.ever..ever
4 you will flee the house on those long cold wintery evenings!
5 forget about getting a wife.. you have a edison long play!





no batteries mentioned


Attachments:
edison2clongplay1or6.jpg
edison2clongplay1or6.jpg [ 130.82 KiB | Viewed 1542 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:55 pm 
Offline
Victor IV
User avatar
Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:29 am
Posts: 1764
Location: Temecula, CA
OK, I'm sold. Where are you located? I just bought a 24 min. and a 40 min. LP Edison DDs. I'm an eccentric in that I collect Boring music. Marc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:52 pm 
Offline
Victor II
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:59 pm
Posts: 345
marcapra wrote:
OK, I'm sold. Where are you located? I just bought a 24 min. and a 40 min. LP Edison DDs. I'm an eccentric in that I collect Boring music. Marc.


ah! a customer well for you sir we will give a aditional bonus a volume controll it won't stop your ears from bleeding but.. it will make us money!

normaly we will kill everybody for 1 dollar, ah!,.. but your our friend!,.. we will kill you for nothing!!!(sorry wrong add?!!)


(afcourse you knew this was all a joke to show how awful the dd lp's are i don't own this machine but i do have dd lp's)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:54 pm 
Offline
Victor IV
User avatar
A new blank with authentic formula and spiral core!
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:50 am
Posts: 1403
Location: 615 1/2 South Main Street Princeton IL 61356.
Now the LP DD is what I think we really need new records of, made of interesting music.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
Victor II
I hate pot metal
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 10:15 pm
Posts: 413
Location: Where the pickin’s are slim
*bump*

The worst Edison record I’ve came across so far IMO is “Granny” By Marion Evelyn Cox. Just plan Yuck!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
Victor II
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Posts: 252
Location: Navarre, Ohio
tinovanderzwan wrote:
marcapra wrote:
OK, I'm sold. Where are you located? I just bought a 24 min. and a 40 min. LP Edison DDs. I'm an eccentric in that I collect Boring music. Marc.


ah! a customer well for you sir we will give a aditional bonus a volume controll it won't stop your ears from bleeding but.. it will make us money!

normaly we will kill everybody for 1 dollar, ah!,.. but your our friend!,.. we will kill you for nothing!!!(sorry wrong add?!!)


(afcourse you knew this was all a joke to show how awful the dd lp's are i don't own this machine but i do have dd lp's)

PM SENT thanks! Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline
Victor III
User avatar
Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 12:50 pm
Posts: 673
Location: Brookfield, Illinois
My vote goes to the Ponce Sisters. Pick your recording. Pure agony. I picked this one at random.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vld6uJMoG0I
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:57 am 
Offline
Victor III
User avatar
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm
Posts: 603
audiophile102 wrote:
My vote goes to the Ponce Sisters. Pick your recording. Pure agony. I picked this one at random.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vld6uJMoG0I



I listened to the whole thing and I have to say I didn't find it that bad. It wasn't good either though. I would not pay for it, but I would take it in a lot of records.


-Travis


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Edison Record Ever
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:00 pm 
Offline
Victor III
User avatar
Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 12:50 pm
Posts: 673
Location: Brookfield, Illinois
travisgreyfox wrote:
audiophile102 wrote:
My vote goes to the Ponce Sisters. Pick your recording. Pure agony. I picked this one at random.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vld6uJMoG0I



I listened to the whole thing and I have to say I didn't find it that bad. It wasn't good either though. I would not pay for it, but I would take it in a lot of records.


-Travis

Yes, but would you play it? I have one of their records I would gladly give away.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.