Isham Jones: New CD on Rivermont Records

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
beaumonde
Victor III

Isham Jones: New CD on Rivermont Records

Post by beaumonde »

I had posted a link to this on the "other" Board back in October, I think, but thought I should re-advertise the CD, which features my own transfers of 78s from my collection, and with the booklet including full-color images of pertinent sheet music and other items. The notes were written by Rich Conaty (of The Big Broadcast fame).

The CD is entitled Song of the Blues, and has been released on my friend Bryan Wright's Rivermont Records label (he is also the executive producer of the disc).

You can hear tidbits of tracks and order the CD direct from his website: http://www.rivermontrecords.com, clicking on "New Releases". Alternatively you can order the CD from Amazon.com (search for the CD title), but I don't think it's any cheaper.

A lot of work has gone into this release....We also tried not to duplicate more than a few tracks from other Isham Jones releases (not that there are that many). And I hope that you might find the transfer quality better than most. :ugeek:
Adam

Fredrik
Victor O

Re: Isham Jones: New CD on Rivermont Records

Post by Fredrik »

Adam,

I was very pleased and impressed by the earlier Rivermont issue devoted to Edwin J. McEnnelly, so I will probably get the Jones CD as well, though it contains several sides that I already have on other CDs.

Fredrik
Desperately seeking more storage space!

Neophone
Victor III

Re: Isham Jones: New CD on Rivermont Records

Post by Neophone »

Fredrik & Everyone Else,

I can highly recommend Adam's Song Of The Blues CD. I thoroughly enjoy my copy! It is a superb collection. I heard a number of Jones recordings I've never heard before and the sound quality is better than many re-issue CDs in my collection. Every lover of Isham Jones should have this one in their collection!

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!