You're the cream in my coffee — Jack Hylton & Orchestra

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: You’re the cream in my coffee — Jack Hylton & Orchestra

Post by MordEth »

Solophoneman had previously posted a very nice version of this song by Ted Weems and his orchestra (vocal by Parker Gibbs) on his Victor 812X:

[youtubehq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oINRGIdc0Ps[/youtubehq]
I could have sworn that he’d posted it here, but the Search feature seems to prove that it was posted when we were still at ProBoards. Definitely worth watching.
Paal1994 wrote:I get this message: A General Error has occurred. I only get this when I open songs on the Red Hot Jazz web site. Maybe there is something wrong with the site.
Paal (and/or anyone else who is experiencing this),

Could you take a screen capture of the error message that you’re seeing so I can attempt to diagnose (and resolve the issue) for you? It sounds like a problem with RealPlayer, but without seeing the exact error message, it’s hard to tell for certain.

On Mac OS X, you’d use Cmd+Shift+3 to take a screen capture (Cmd is the ‘Apple’ key); on Windows if you have a Print Screen button (which may be labeled ‘PrntScrn’—it appears at the far right in the row of F# keys), you can hit that, then open MS Paint (which can be found via the Start menu → Programs → Accessories → Paint) and use Ctrl+V to paste it, then save that image. (JPEG is preferable.)

Let me know if you have any questions.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Mordeth,

thanks for reposting solophonemans you tube video - I missed it frst time around. That is a great version of the song. Think I might be looking out for a copy of that on ebay.

RJ 8-)

Paal1994
Victor II

Post by Paal1994 »

MordEth wrote:
Paal1994 wrote:I get this message: A General Error has occurred. I only get this when I open songs on the Red Hot Jazz web site. Maybe there is something wrong with the site.
Paal (and/or anyone else who is experiencing this),

Could you take a screen capture of the error message that you’re seeing so I can attempt to diagnose (and resolve the issue) for you? It sounds like a problem with RealPlayer, but without seeing the exact error message, it’s hard to tell for certain.

On Mac OS X, you’d use Cmd+Shift+3 to take a screen capture (Cmd is the ‘Apple’ key); on Windows if you have a Print Screen button (which may be labeled ‘PrntScrn’—it appears at the far right in the row of F# keys), you can hit that, then open MS Paint (which can be found via the Start menu → Programs → Accessories → Paint) and use Ctrl+V to paste it, then save that image. (JPEG is preferable.)

Let me know if you have any questions.

— MordEth

David,

Here are the print screen of the General Error message I get when I try to open songs on The Red Hot Jazz web site.

Paal.
Attachments
Error.jpg

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Paal,

Thanks for posting that image; I'll attempt to troubleshoot it when I'm not on my phone. :D

Could you also capture the display after you click 'More Info'?

(I assume from what Rocky was saying he was getting the same error.)

~ MordEth
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

EdisonSquirrel wrote:When I try to listen to the recording, I get the following message: "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." Is anyone else having the same problem?

:?: :squirrel: :?:

Rocky
Again, here's the message that I get.

Rocky

Paal1994
Victor II

Post by Paal1994 »

MordEth wrote:Paal,

Thanks for posting that image; I'll attempt to troubleshoot it when I'm not on my phone. :D

Could you also capture the display after you click 'More Info'?

(I assume from what Rocky was saying he was getting the same error.)

~ MordEth
David,

Here is the capture when I click on more info. And when I click on more info again I come to the RealPlayer customer support website.

Paal.
Attachments
Error3.jpg